[Solved] Shaped Ore Recipes not producing whats intended

PsudoSage

I am trying to make some recipes for converting wood from mod logs to vanilla and I have a set of recipes for each vanilla log. Here is the snippet of the recipes:

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ShapedOreRecipe(new ItemStack(Block.wood, 4, 0), " x ", "xxx", "   ", 'x', "logWood"));
        	GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ShapedOreRecipe(new ItemStack(Block.wood, 4, 1), " x ", " xx", " x ", 'x', "logWood"));
        	GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ShapedOreRecipe(new ItemStack(Block.wood, 4, 2), "   ", "xxx", " x ", 'x', "logWood"));
        	GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ShapedOreRecipe(new ItemStack(Block.wood, 4, 3), " x ", "xx ", " x ", 'x', "logWood"));

The problem I'm having with this code is that the 4th recipe is producing the same log as the 2nd. I have no idea why.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you cant have mirrored recipes because minecraft cant handle it? I hope this is a bug and not a 'feature' as I will have serious doubts about the intelligence of the people behind this if so. Rage mode on!!!

I'm sorry to tell you, but that's hardcoded in. BUT, what you can do is create a new class that implements IRecipe, copy all the code from the ShapedRecipe class, remove line 54-57 and add this line to the place where you initialize recipes:

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new YOUR_CLASS_THAT_IMPLEMENTS_IRECIPE(3, 3, input, output));

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

After doing some tests I can confirm that you cant have the mirrored recipes, i have changed the design of the recipe to an L shape instead of half a 'plus' shape and it works ok. I will leave it as that for now, but larsgerrits has a good idea that I may try out too so thanks for that larsgerrits.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

After doing some tests I can confirm that you cant have the mirrored recipes, i have changed the design of the recipe to an L shape instead of half a 'plus' shape and it works ok. I will leave it as that for now, but larsgerrits has a good idea that I may try out too so thanks for that larsgerrits.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

No thanks, that's why this forum is there ;)

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/