Technic fun, Aether: Forge Edition, and the abc.class

Zero

Hey there. I'm not having any problems or anything. I've just got a few things on my mind and wanted to discuss perhaps.

Anyways. First off. Does anyone else use the Technic Pack? If so, what are your favorite things to do in it? I just enjoy building all kinds of crazy machines that do a variety of things. I like EE, but I feel it overpowers my game, so I remove it from my personal copy of Technic. In its place, I use Greg's prospecting mod. Because a ton of materials are needed, and it seems to pick them up alright. At least I still have to go digging for it.

Next up, has anyone else here heard? The Aether is "apparantly" migrating to Forge API. It may soon be possible to add other mods to it. I've never actually played the Aether myself, mainly because I never got around to it, another reason is because it didn't use Forge, which prevented me from using a plethora of other mods that I enjoy. Is anyone else excited for it? There's a pre-release that I'm considering downloading to try out.

The last bit is a question, but nothing urgent. This is the reason I put this in General discussion for Forge...

It's directed at Lex or at anyone who might know; What exactly does the abc.class contain? If you don't know off the top of your head, I'm not asking anyone to take the time out of your day to figure it out for me. I know it's one that Forge edits, and I also know that the More Pistons mod edits it. If I were to guess, I'd say something regarding the piston block. If this IS the case, what modifications to this class does Forge do, and how often does it get changed around?

This is a pretty big question, and it's completely alright if it can't be answered without some digging on my part. I could attempt to decompile it, and see the difference myself. The reason I'm wanting to know is that since More Pistons edits this class as well, I'm fearful to replace the one Forge changes with it. I just don't want to screw up any other mods in the process by replacing it.

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

I make my own copy of the technic pack. I think they're disadvantaging the mod authors.

The last thing I built was a huge underground ICBM base with redpower doors and everything. It could fire around 80000 missiles every minute. (never tested, just math). Then I &*^(#-ed up the wires, and the antimatter missile detonated into the roof.  >:(

Anyway, I also had a RP TBM with an onboard EE processing plant, as well as using power converters to run the thing.

Aether on forge?!?!? YAY! Sky, meet frames. Frames, meet sky. Valkyries, meet mining laser.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

It's directed at Lex or at anyone who might know; What exactly does the abc.class contain? If you don't know off the top of your head, I'm not asking anyone to take the time out of your day to figure it out for me. I know it's one that Forge edits, and I also know that the More Pistons mod edits it. If I were to guess, I'd say something regarding the piston block. If this IS the case, what modifications to this class does Forge do, and how often does it get changed around?

This is a pretty big question, and it's completely alright if it can't be answered without some digging on my part. I could attempt to decompile it, and see the difference myself. The reason I'm wanting to know is that since More Pistons edits this class as well, I'm fearful to replace the one Forge changes with it. I just don't want to screw up any other mods in the process by replacing it.

13:07 <OvermindDL1> gcc abc
13:07 -MCPBot([email protected])- [ GET CLIENT CLASS ]
13:07 -MCPBot([email protected])-  Side        : client
13:07 -MCPBot([email protected])-  Name        : BlockPistonBase
13:07 -MCPBot([email protected])-  Notch       : abc
13:07 -MCPBot([email protected])-  Super       : Block
13:07 -MCPBot([email protected])-  Constructor : (IIZ)V | (IIZ)V

You can always ask the IRC MCPBot.  ;)

MCPBot?!?! Don't let ObsequiousNewt see this, he will probably go ballistic. He's been mapping all of the classes in the minecraft.jar. ;D

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

I make my own copy of the technic pack. I think they're disadvantaging the mod authors.

The last thing I built was a huge underground ICBM base with redpower doors and everything. It could fire around 80000 missiles every minute. (never tested, just math). Then I &*^(#-ed up the wires, and the antimatter missile detonated into the roof.  >:(

Anyway, I also had a RP TBM with an onboard EE processing plant, as well as using power converters to run the thing.

Aether on forge?!?!? YAY! Sky, meet frames. Frames, meet sky. Valkyries, meet mining laser.

*Facepalm* Always back up your world and NEVER use antimatter missiles unless your enemy is actually THAT BAD.

You also know that MCP has the mapping files directly, nicely formatted for parsing too?  ;)

He'll kill me if he sees this. I fear for my life.

I have no idea. He just wants to know what each compiled/obfuscated class is. And he does not want to find out that somebody else has done it. He's really really obsessive about stuff like this. :D

Quite a number of people have been doing it since pre-alpha, that is what the MCP and Bukkit projects became, they each have their own mappings (and converters exist too).  :)

As an example, if you watch the MCP IRC, there are a number of people at this moment that are submitting new mappings of the just released pre-release, they work fast, and he can always join in too.  :)