Official Mod API Thoughts

REDX36

So Dinnerbone is starting his work on the official API (

), what does this mean for Forge? Alot of forge modders have shown resentment over a whole new system, how do you feel? Will you keep using Forge? Fight to make the official API like Forge?

For note, the github link is:  https://github.com/Mojang/Minecraft-API

For Forge, it means nothing yet.  Forge will fill in the gaps where the API is missing, and right now it is missing *everything*, it has a *long*long* way to go.

Workbench, really? Why not Hammer? We have the Anvil save format, we have the community ran Forge API, but we need a hammer before we can make Sword, whatever that will be.

On topic, I don't think Moj--

*looks at the current version of the modding API*

They're gonna think of everything! :D

It will have ponies, and monkies, and sparkeling dragons who will fly out of my ears!

So.. go speculate on that...

It means nothing for the next 6+months.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

It will have ponies, and monkies, and sparkeling dragons who will fly out of my ears!

So.. go speculate on that...

It means nothing for the next 6+months.

I was kinda being sarcastic, so we'll see.

And while I would love to go help spread conspiracy theories about the upcoming Modding API, I don't have a Reddit account.

Long time lurker, first time creating account and all that jazz. So, hi all. lol.

My thoughts though, is that Mojang shouldn't do anything like Forge nor absorb Forge. They should allow total compatibility with any community run API. As much as it seems like a good idea, I can see the flip side, the bad side. Mojang would have to dedicate a lot of time and resources daily to make sure new hooks get added, plus support for adding hooks, and all that. While that seems attractive to some, think about the nightmare that it would cause. Mojang has a habit of starting things, and then finishing them later on, several releases later in some cases. We all know them, so no use listing them out. Kinda redundant. Personally, I hope all the API does, is allow mods to be loaded in game, per world, that kinda thing. And they can finally fix their 4096 block ids that they half finished.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is great. I only just started modding with forge, it will take ages for the flames in the forge to die down, *Ba-doom tsh* before anyone will be able to write a detailed tutorial for noobs like me, and then this new modding API will be round the corner, and I'll have to learn a whole new system!  :'(

The above views are my own. You can agree, and be correct, or disagree with them, I don't mind.

P.S: you'll be wrong if you do :)

the official modding API will unfortunately be 'better' then forge simply because of one reason:

its will be a native part of minecraft

right now, a lot of mods and even forge need to use tricks to make it possible to do cirtain things without having to rewrite the whole game

the modding API wont have that issue because it will be hard-coded into the game before its even released!

personally, i think they should take the forge interface as the one available to modders, but create their own back-end coding that fits better into MC itself without having to use 'cheat' coding to work properly

Being noobish since 96, being dumb since birth!

• 2 weeks later...

Really really dude

That's like saying that the president is having sex with the doctor because he said bow ties are cool.

No, come back to me when someone has stated '1.4 will be release on Halloween'

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Let me try and help you with love spells, traditional healing, native healing, fortune telling, witchcraft, psychic readings, black magic, voodoo, herbalist healing, or any other service your may desire within the realm of african native healing, the spirits and the ancestors. I am a sangoma and healer. I could help you to connect with the ancestors , interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. We facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds.*   Witchdoctors, or sorcerers, are often purveyors of mutis and charms that cause harm to people. we believe that we are here for only one purpose, to heal through love and compassion.*   African people share a common understanding of the importance of ancestors in daily life. When they have lost touch with their ancestors, illness may result or bad luck. Then a traditional healer, or sangoma, is sought out who may prescribe herbs, changes in lifestyle, a career change, or changes in relationships. The client may also be told to perform a ceremony or purification ritual to appease the ancestors.*   Let us solve your problems using powerful African traditional methods. We believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding your life back. Our knowledge has been passed down through centuries, being refined along the way from generation to generation. We believe in the occult, the paranormal, the spirit world, the mystic world.*   The services here are based on the African Tradition Value system/religion,where we believe the ancestors and spirits play a very important role in society. The ancestors and spirits give guidance and counsel in society. They could enable us to see into the future and give solutions to the problems affecting us. We use rituals, divination, spells, chants and prayers to enable us tackle the task before us.*   I have experience in helping and guiding many people from all over the world. My psychic abilities may help you answer and resolve many unanswered questions
    • Let me try and help you with love spells, traditional healing, native healing, fortune telling, witchcraft, psychic readings, black magic, voodoo, herbalist healing, or any other service your may desire within the realm of african native healing, the spirits and the ancestors. I am a sangoma and healer. I could help you to connect with the ancestors , interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. We facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds.*   Witchdoctors, or sorcerers, are often purveyors of mutis and charms that cause harm to people. we believe that we are here for only one purpose, to heal through love and compassion.*   African people share a common understanding of the importance of ancestors in daily life. When they have lost touch with their ancestors, illness may result or bad luck. Then a traditional healer, or sangoma, is sought out who may prescribe herbs, changes in lifestyle, a career change, or changes in relationships. The client may also be told to perform a ceremony or purification ritual to appease the ancestors.*   Let us solve your problems using powerful African traditional methods. We believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding your life back. Our knowledge has been passed down through centuries, being refined along the way from generation to generation. We believe in the occult, the paranormal, the spirit world, the mystic world.*   The services here are based on the African Tradition Value system/religion,where we believe the ancestors and spirits play a very important role in society. The ancestors and spirits give guidance and counsel in society. They could enable us to see into the future and give solutions to the problems affecting us. We use rituals, divination, spells, chants and prayers to enable us tackle the task before us.*   I have experience in helping and guiding many people from all over the world. My psychic abilities may help you answer and resolve many unanswered questions
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.