Carrying data accross the death of a player

Mew

I have a PlayerInformation file (https://github.com/ModderPenguin/MinePG/blob/master/source/minepg/rpg_common/rpg/playerinfo/PlayerInformation.java) that contains information like the players class (EXTREMELY important to keep), a boolean that shows a special screen on start of a new world (Also EXTREMELY important to keep) plus other stuff.

The problem is, is that those variables get "reset" when the player dies. So that means that the player's class and wether or not he has chosen a class gets reset. Which means that if the player would then log out, and relog, he would find that he could change his class. Also his karma/level would be reset aswell. I won't get into the full details, but basically there is a bunch of this stuff that I need to keep across player death. I am not too sure of how to go about this (I am thinking something along the lines of a temp file that gets created and rewritten when the player dies. Then reading all that temp data back into the variables when the player respawns and then deleting the temp file... but I don't think that is the easiest way), so any help will be appreciated!

And if anyone could point me in the direction for keeping the vanilla experience and levels after the player dies as well, I would be very thankful for it.

- Mew

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

BUMP

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD