Textures and LanguageRegistry in preInit instead of Init

sorash67

Not sure what you did, but I put the code in, and then the textures in, and everything worked fine.

So you put the contents of the zip into the src/minecraft directory (which is where I zipped them from) and it just worked? o..O

Cool mod btw

Thanks.

Vanilla's tripwires have always bugged me, so I've been working on a mod to make things a bit more subtle.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am utterly confused.  What version of forge?

And do you have that inside Eclipse, or reobfuscated?

(By the way, place the iron spikes down on the ground--make sure that texture works too (and then get a mob--or the player in survival--on top of it).  I'm rather proud of the result).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

1) I am using version 758 of forge.

2) I am testing this inside of Eclipse.

3) When I put the spikes on the ground, it appears that the model is working but not the texture, unless the texture is pure black with purple flashes :)

4) I am very impressed by the spikes with mobs, but it doesn't appear to be dealing damage to me in survival. Not sure if this is intended or not.

If you really want help, give that modder a thank you.

Modders LOVE thank yous.

2) I am testing this inside of Eclipse.

*Headscratches*

3) When I put the spikes on the ground, it appears that the model is working but not the texture, unless the texture is pure black with purple flashes :)

Ok, that texture loading is still fucked up.  Awesome.

4) I am very impressed by the spikes with mobs, but it doesn't appear to be dealing damage to me in survival. Not sure if this is intended or not.

They should hurt you, you sure you weren't in creative?

(You have to be standing on top of them too, not the sides like a cactus, just to be clear).

Anyway, what happens--or should--is that it swaps textures out so one of the spikes gets bloody (after...5 minutes? it turns orange, then another 5 and it's back to normal). :P  Logging out will reset it, but because it's just a visual effect, so I didn't bother synching the data with the server and saving it.

I'm positive. I made a 3x3 hole that was 4 deep, put down 9 spikes, jumped in, and nothing happened. And no, I wasn't in creative. I guess that players are no longer instances of living entities, or something like that.

If you really want help, give that modder a thank you.

Modders LOVE thank yous.

you may have to change EntityLiving to EntityLivingBase now!

*Facedesk*

Turns out this was the issue.  Apparently 756 has something missing that causes the system to fail.

i thought you had said you were using the latest version... O.o

I never said that.  Not once.

On a related-to-the-topic front

Instead of renderEngine.bindTexture(String path), use:

renderEngine.func_110577_a(new ResourceLocation("modID","texture path"))

where "modID" is the bit before the : in your registerIcons block/item function and "texture path" starts with "textures", eg. "textures/entities/spike.png"

i found something that i think can be useful about the textures (i think) and i will try to explain it with pictures

first when the game has stated and your go into a world and see this

width=800 height=424javaw%202013-07-03%2021-38-15-20.png?tok [/img]

but if you go in the resoursepack (first or after don't think it matter) and click on default

width=800 height=424javaw%202013-07-03%2021-40-46-86.png?tok [/img]

and then go into the game, the names and textures are some how fixed

javaw%202013-07-03%2021-41-57-83.png?w=AADr0my97wSKj62hwbK2omWvdq2EacGXHzy-jKFYs6aoGg&dl=1

and in the console i get a error code

java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\coremods\pack.mcmeta (Den angivne fil blev ikke fundet)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.FolderResourcePack.func_110591_a(FolderResourcePack.java:25)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.AbstractResourcePack.func_135058_a(AbstractResourcePack.java:62)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.LanguageManager.func_135043_a(LanguageManager.java:47)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_110436_a(Minecraft.java:535)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.GuiScreenTemporaryResourcePackSelectSelectionList.elementClicked(GuiScreenTemporaryResourcePackSelectSelectionList.java:58)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiSlot.drawScreen(GuiSlot.java:241)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.GuiScreenTemporaryResourcePackSelect.drawScreen(GuiScreenTemporaryResourcePackSelect.java:136)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRenderer.java:1036)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:930)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:822)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:93)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:57)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:18)
2013-07-03 21:40:43 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Unable to parse metadata section of resourcepack: coremods
java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\coremods\pack.mcmeta (Den angivne fil blev ikke fundet)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.FolderResourcePack.func_110591_a(FolderResourcePack.java:25)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.AbstractResourcePack.func_135058_a(AbstractResourcePack.java:62)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.LanguageManager.func_135043_a(LanguageManager.java:47)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.GuiScreenTemporaryResourcePackSelectSelectionList.elementClicked(GuiScreenTemporaryResourcePackSelectSelectionList.java:58)
at net.minecraft.client.resources.GuiScreenTemporaryResourcePackSelect.drawScreen(GuiScreenTemporaryResourcePackSelect.java:136)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRenderer.java:1036)
2013-07-03 21:40:43 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Unable to parse metadata section of resourcepack: bin
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\development\forge\mcp\eclipse\Itempack\bin\pack.mcmeta (Den angivne fil blev ikke fundet)
2013-07-03 21:40:43 [iNFO] [Minecraft-Client] Reloading ResourceManager: Default, coremods, coremods, bin
2013-07-03 21:40:43 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: ip:textures/blocks/tile.Steel-ore.png
2013-07-03 21:40:43 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: ip:textures/blocks/tile.Copper-ore.png
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: ip:textures/blocks/tile.Steel-Block.png
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: ip:textures/blocks/tile.Copper-Block.png
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] 
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] SoundSystem shutting down...
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]     Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Starting up SoundSystem...
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]     (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
2013-07-03 21:40:44 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] OpenAL initialized.
2013-07-03 21:40:45 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] 
2013-07-03 21:41:43 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Unable to parse metadata section of resourcepack: coremods
2013-07-03 21:41:43 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Unable to parse metadata section of resourcepack: coremods
2013-07-03 21:41:43 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Unable to parse metadata section of resourcepack: bin
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\development\forge\mcp\eclipse\Itempack\bin\pack.mcmeta (Den angivne fil blev ikke fundet)

EDIT- sorry for the big pics din't now they will be that big

EDIT- I do not put anything in the resourcepack folder

I had a bit of a texture problem but have solved it.

Here is what I've done, it might be useful for others

Always use the newest Forge, at the time of writing this #762 is what I'm using.

-------------

@PreInit

@Init

@PostInit

All become @EventHandler

-------------

Your blocks and items must be registered during FMLPreInitializationEvent otherwise registerIcons is not called and causes a null icon crash when item is viewed.

According to CPW, this is where they should be anyway. (Mod.EventHandler Javadoc) [Reformatted for forums]

These suggestions are mostly just suggestions on what to do in each event.

• FMLPreInitializationEvent: Run before anything else. Read your config, create blocks, items, etc, and register them with the GameRegistry
  • FMLInitializationEvent: Do your mod setup. Build whatever data structures you care about. Register recipes, send FMLInterModComms messages to other mods.
  • FMLPostInitializationEvent: Handle interaction with other mods, complete your setup based on this.

-------------

NOTE:

In my Eclipse I have a source folder for my textures. they are not in the mcp folder, so I can not tell you if it works.

1.5 texture location:

mods.ModName.textures.blocks

mods.ModName.textures.items

1.6 texture location:

assets.modname.textures.blocks

assets.modname.textures.items

Those MUST be in lower case (this is what got me)

-------------

Last change:

In your blocks and items, if you used capitals in your registerIcons you need to get rid of them.

iconRegister.registerIcon("ModName:block1");  ==>  iconRegister.registerIcon("modname:block1");

If this helps (Unless this is solved) I am not having any issues with my mod im using this code for textures:

https://github.com/DiamentiumUK/BlocksNMore/commit/901eca77c1dec1b8ff09cec307d1106f423d26f8

And for laugauges im using:

https://github.com/DiamentiumUK/BlocksNMore/commit/0b2d4cb61cdabe953f8147cc2f2e716a2daa3be2

My mod is compiling using Forge: 760

What I have found is that having "Uppercase" for the {ModName} forge seems to not like that so using all lowercase all of my Textures/Lang are working :) Hope this helps anyone