New Texture Directory For Minecraft Forge 1.6.1

XxxXEclipse7XxxX

Why are you guys dealing with the 'unlocalizedName' and substring shit anyways?

See Block.func_111023_E and Item.func_111208_A along with associated functions/fields

They exist for a reason -.-

Or, I dunno, using your own strings:

itemIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("MyMod:MyItem");

Because holy shit its so much easier to read.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Block.func_111023_E and Item.func_111208_A along with associated functions/fields

Or, I dunno, using your own strings:

itemIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("MyMod:MyItem");

Because holy shit its so much easier to read.

Who cares if its easier to read if you lose flexibility?

Oh, of course! *Smacks my forehead* Good old Block.func_111023_E and Item.func_111208_A! I should have known. Its so obvious now.  ;D

Generally speaking, my modID doesn't change in the middle of a project.

So the flexibility is entirely unneeded.  I also tend not to want to change my filenames when I figure out a more clever name for my block.  As far as I care, the file name can stay the same even though the block's name has changed.  So again, unneeded flexibility.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Not sure if I'm doing this right but im using this line now:

this.itemIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("blocksnmore:" + this.func_111208_A());

And now im getting this error in the console :/

[sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: blocksnmore:textures/items/MISSING_ICON_ITEM_31742_StoneMallet.png

What is the way to register textures, which won't give out console spam?

Generally speaking, my modID doesn't change in the middle of a project.

So the flexibility is entirely unneeded.  I also tend not to want to change my filenames when I figure out a more clever name for my block.  As far as I care, the file name can stay the same even though the block's name has changed.  So again, unneeded flexibility.

Arguing against the intelligent use of variables to reduce the amount of time needed to edit code when/if I decided to change naming schemes? Really? I'm not going to add monotony to things just because you have a hard time reading it.

Because they're 'unnamed', which implies that we shouldn't use them.

I try to stick to functions that have been renamed into something resembling what they do.

In some cases that's not possible, of course, like func_110143_aJ(), which should

be getEntityHealth().

Thats retarded you do know that ALL 'renamed' stuff is done by crowdsourcing from modders right? It has NOTHING to do with if you should use it or not -.- EVERYTHING will be 'unnamed' for 1.6 as the shit is new, nobody has gone in and named them yet.

How about, we take a look what we have...

/**
     * When this method is called, your block should register all the icons it needs with the given IconRegister. This
     * is the only chance you get to register icons.
     */
    public void registerIcons(IconRegister par1IconRegister)
    {
        this.blockIcon = par1IconRegister.registerIcon(this.func_111023_E());
    }

Pretty standard it tries to register a icon that is named the return value of fun_111023_E.. I wonder what that function could be....

protected String func_111023_E()
    {
        return this.field_111026_f == null ? "MISSING_ICON_TILE_" + this.blockID + "_" + this.unlocalizedName : this.field_111026_f;
    }

Oh that's straight forward, if a field is null it returns a "MISSING_ICON_TILE" with the block id and unlocalized name... But if it's set it just returns that field...

I wonder if there is a place where we can SET that field...

public Block func_111022_d(String par1Str)
    {
        this.field_111026_f = par1Str;
        return this;
    }

OMFG there is.

Lets try calling that function with what I want to name my icon and HOLY SHIT BALLS OF THE COW GOD MOOSUS IT WORKS!

That boys and girls is called troubleshooting/research/LEARNING. And ALL modders should know how to, and feel comfortable doing it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Arguing against the intelligent use of variables to reduce the amount of time needed to edit code when/if I decided to change naming schemes? Really? I'm not going to add monotony to things just because you have a hard time reading it.

I'll just drop this here.

Okay I sorta understand the code now. But please don't kill me for asking but is this correct then? (This is for an item btw)

public class StoneMallet extends ItemAxe {
public StoneMallet(int par1, EnumToolMaterial par2EnumToolMaterial) {
    super((par1-256), par2EnumToolMaterial);
    this.setCreativeTab(BlocksNMore.BlocksNMoreTab);
    this.setUnlocalizedName(Strings.STONEMALLET);
    this.setMaxStackSize(1);

this.func_111206_d("blocksnmore:stonemallet");
}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
  public void registerIcons(IconRegister iconRegister) {
	  	this.itemIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon(this.func_111208_A());
	  }

Im setting the "func_111022_d" with my modname/item name and when I run it loads the texture no problem, but the console is still saying that it can't find it. Im using forge 9.10.0.786 if thats anything. But I think im calling it correctly now :)

This thread helped me.

Not only does the folder need to be lower case, but the code as well.

registerIcon(modid + ":" + this.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5).toLowerCase()

EDIT: actually, after realizing that doesn't make sense, because that refers to the file name, which doesn't need to be lower case, I removed that and it still worked.

So... it started working for me and I didn't change anything.

So... it started working for me and I didn't change anything.

Welcome to software development.

BCh-v51CAAA9HuT.jpg

Because they're 'unnamed', which implies that we shouldn't use them.

I try to stick to functions that have been renamed into something resembling what they do.

In some cases that's not possible, of course, like func_110143_aJ(), which should

be getEntityHealth().

Thats retarded you do know that ALL 'renamed' stuff is done by crowdsourcing from modders right? It has NOTHING to do with if you should use it or not -.- EVERYTHING will be 'unnamed' for 1.6 as the shit is new, nobody has gone in and named them yet.

How about, we take a look what we have...

/**
     * When this method is called, your block should register all the icons it needs with the given IconRegister. This
     * is the only chance you get to register icons.
     */
    public void registerIcons(IconRegister par1IconRegister)
    {
        this.blockIcon = par1IconRegister.registerIcon(this.func_111023_E());
    }

Pretty standard it tries to register a icon that is named the return value of fun_111023_E.. I wonder what that function could be....

protected String func_111023_E()
    {
        return this.field_111026_f == null ? "MISSING_ICON_TILE_" + this.blockID + "_" + this.unlocalizedName : this.field_111026_f;
    }

Oh that's straight forward, if a field is null it returns a "MISSING_ICON_TILE" with the block id and unlocalized name... But if it's set it just returns that field...

I wonder if there is a place where we can SET that field...

public Block func_111022_d(String par1Str)
    {
        this.field_111026_f = par1Str;
        return this;
    }

OMFG there is.

Lets try calling that function with what I want to name my icon and HOLY SHIT BALLS OF THE COW GOD MOOSUS IT WORKS!

That boys and girls is called troubleshooting/research/LEARNING. And ALL modders should know how to, and feel comfortable doing it.

See now i tried this but i need the game to point to my resource folder and then to my icons, how might one go about doing that?

See now i tried this but i need the game to point to my resource folder and then to my icons, how might one go about doing that?

By moving the resource directory to where it needs to be.  If you're using the Pahmir* setup, you'll have to import it the same way you would anything else.

*I forget how to spell his name and don't care to actually look it up

pahimar

Close enough.  At least I finally stopped trying to add an L to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people call it a pahimar setup? I've been using it since long before he showed it to everyone ><

Then i don't know, if you read the readme that dinnerbone put in the assets folder inside of MCP it says that anything placed there will be deleted on start-up.

If you are using an external location for your mod's source like with a pahi-setup (whatever) outside of src/minecraft, minecraft will not load the textures. Have no idea why.  :o

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein