Intermediate Modder Wanting to LEARN!?!?!?!

SargeantPotato

Im a sort of new modder i can do quite a bit to but im still where i dont know how to do the really cool things that i love playing minecraft with! I was wandering if someone could tell me what i need to do to start a mod with electricity and things like that like my favorite mod IC2!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The only advice I can offer you, is try to create a mod, or look through Open Source mobs such as Tinkers Construct and Buildcraft. They are both really good examples of great mods.

-Pow3rCut

Thank you very much. I am making a mod currently and was trying to add electricity to it so I tried to look at ic2s code but it's not open source and build craft is my 2nd favorite mod and I didn't know it was open source thanks very much!

I would recommend learning programming in general, that will make you ready for all the cool and awesome stuff. I fully recommend the free lecture series from Stanford which introduces one to Java quite nicely. After finishing that you can even dip into more advance free programming lectures! But for now I recommend this:

http://see.stanford.edu/see/lecturelist.aspx?coll=824a47e1-135f-4508-a5aa-866adcae1111

Also the best way to learn is by doing, and by having goals you want to reach.

I find that I learn the most and fastest if I learn to accomplish a certain goal.

When you are familiar with more than just the basics of programming methodology and thinking, then you can look into open source projects and pull them apart piece by piece to understand how they work and thereby learning a lot from doing so :)

I wish you good luck on you're fantastic journey into Modding and Programming <3

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

If you want the IC2 Source. Decompile it. (but all above 1.2.5 is not working) because they download files when you star minecraft at the first time.

Also you could look at Universal Electric Energy. They do have a way which is nearly at that place of IC2.

I am working on my own power/liquidtransport too. Its very hard thats why i tried a easier way. ^^" But that buts very much

I hope i could help you with that.

Thanks! i was wandering if there was free java programing from proffesionals and i guess stanford is the best way to go. right now im trying to use a sword i made as if it was a enderpearl. it flies to where u land and youll pick it  back up... pretty difficult but still at it :)