[Solved]Gui Trouble(Please help!)

Lua

Okay, Ive tried to make a 'paged' gui. And it works kinda. I cant really explain what happens, so im going to explain through code and images.  But basically when the second 'page' should show up on the gui the old page is still there, even though ive re-initGui()

package arcticraft.gui;

import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiButton;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen;

public class AC_GuiEskimoTalk extends GuiScreen
{

Random rand = new Random();
public String [] randomItem =
	{"bombs", "ice cream", "whiteberries", "floran tea", "food", "swords", "axes", "shovels"};
public String thing = randomItem [rand.nextInt(randomItem.length)];
private int chatLevel;

public AC_GuiEskimoTalk()
{

}

public void initGui()
{
	//id, x, y, width, height, text, b pixel width, b pixel height
	switch (chatLevel)
	{
	case 0:
		this.buttonList.add(new GuiButton(0, 2, this.height / 4 + 72 + -16, 220, 20, "Who are you?"));
		this.buttonList.add(new GuiButton(1, 2, this.height / 4 + 96 + -16, 220, 20, "Why are you keeping that Yeti captive?"));
		this.buttonList.add(new GuiButton(2, 2, this.height / 4 + 120 + -16, 220, 20, "What's with that temple over there?"));
		this.buttonList.add(new GuiButton(3, 2, this.height / 4 + 48 + -16, 220, 20, "Hey. Where can I get " + thing + " from?"));
		break;

case 1:
		this.buttonList.add(new GuiButton(4, 2, this.height / 4 + 72 + -16, 220, 20, "What if I could slay it for you?"));
		this.buttonList.add(new GuiButton(5, 2, this.height / 4 + 96 + -16, 220, 20, "I'll slay it for you. For a price."));
		break;
	}

}

public void actionPerformed(GuiButton button)
{

switch (button.id)
	{
	case 0:
		mc.thePlayer.sendChatToPlayer("I am the chief of this great Eskimo village!");
		button.enabled = false;
		break;
	case 1:
		mc.thePlayer.sendChatToPlayer("We're not. He invaded our temple and my men are too afraid to attack him - so captivity of him is our only option."); /* Case 1 and 2 should make the first set of buttons disappear because it sets the chat level to 2 which allows initgui to draw case 2 of buttons, but it dosent.*/
		chatLevel = 1;
		initGui();
		break;
	case 2:
		mc.thePlayer.sendChatToPlayer("That is our place of worship, well it used to be. Since the Yeti attack we haven't been able to pray");
		chatLevel = 1;
		initGui();
		break;																																							
	case 3:
		mc.thePlayer.sendChatToPlayer("Speak to our men around the village. They'll trade with you - at a price, of course.");
		button.enabled = false;
		break;
	case 4:
		mc.thePlayer.sendChatToPlayer("The whole village will be very grateful and we shall be for ever in your debt.");
		button.enabled = false;
		break;
	case 5:
		mc.thePlayer.sendChatToPlayer("What could you possibly want from us?");
		break;

}
}

protected void keyTyped(char par1, int par2)
{
	if (par2 == 1 || par2 == this.mc.gameSettings.keyBindInventory.keyCode)
	{
		this.mc.thePlayer.closeScreen();
	}
}

public boolean doesGuiPauseGame()
{
	return false;
}
public void drawScreen(int x, int y, float f)
{
	super.drawScreen(x, y, f);
}

}

And heres what happens in picture form

gyazo.com/1a3aab6fe967fa10c4c259cfd931154e First page looking fine.

http://gyazo.com/8c70583b9b93ee65f9bc34ae38b4f54e second page, where the buttons should of been re-inited but havent fully.

by a "paged" gui , do you mean like theres transition. click on 1 button and everything change ?

Yep, like click on one button and it will cause others to disappears giving the effect that a new gui has came up.

actually i think i know where is your problem,

add

buttonList = new ArrayList();

to the first line of "initGui()"

thsi will clear the previous button and elements you inserted in the list ( by using buttonList.add(button) )

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

actually i think i know where is your problem,

add

buttonList = new ArrayList();

to the first line of "initGui()"

thsi will clear the previous button and elements you inserted in the list ( by using buttonList.add(button) )

Thankyou so much!!!!!