Crafting help?

jordsta95

Hey there, there are a few things I would like to craft using Wither skulls and Creeper Skulls...

This has me baffled because when I try to find it (using Item. and then scrolling through the list) all that appears is Item.skull which is a skeleton skull... And when I try skull_wither or skull_creeper it does not work :/

Thanks for your help

-Jordan

Why bother?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

what draco is trying to say is: all skull have the same item id, but they have different metadata.

now heres the part where im not sure (draco if you knwo feel free to correct me, or anyon else)

im not sure wether or not the standard recipes take in consideration metadata, if it doesnt youll have to make your own IRecipes (i think is what its called)

edit it seems it does, so youre fine

-hydroflame, author FRev-

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

When I tried using the item ID minecraft crashed, and also when trying to add :1 to 144 it was saying the the : was not supposed to be there

(I have never used Item ID's or MetaData to craft :P)

It's called read the javadocs.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Alright I searched through all the item files, and the only thing I could find that I thought may have worked was a bit of code in the Item.skull which was .makeWither...

But obviously when I tried to add: Item.skull.makeWither into the crafting recipe it didn't work.... :(

Why bother?

Alright I searched through all the item files, and the only thing I could find that I thought may have worked was a bit of code in the Item.skull which was .makeWither...

But obviously when I tried to add: Item.skull.makeWither into the crafting recipe it didn't work.... :(

Try something like this:
GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(Item.diamond), "X", 'X', new ItemStack(Item.skull, 1, 3);

If you put a diamond in the crafting table you will get a Player Head.

The data values you have to change for the second number in the second ItemStack are:

0 = Skeleton Head

1 = Wither Head

2 = Zombie Head

3 = Player Head

4 = Creeper Head

Hope I helped.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Click it please? :3 ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑