Candid Release?

calclavia

We will NOT be releasing for the pre-releases.

However, cpw has been doing a lot of hard work to design FML for 1.3. He already has FML running on the w27 snapshot.

However, 1.3's release is kinda really bad timing.

cpw is going on a trip sometime this week so he will be gone for a while.

Then I will have to be out of my house the 2nd-5th.

So what I plan to do is if cpw gets a FML stable for the snapshots, I will start working on 1.3 Forge, however a note to Mod devs this will be a RADICAL change.

I will be introducing a new event system that should make things a lot easier. But that will mean it will take some time.

As well as almost every mod having to re-write themselves for the new Local SMP, this are gunna be hectic.

So ya.... this update is gunna be fun, keep an eye on the github for more details.

I will work as well as I can, but I garentee that 1.3 will be a bitch, for everyone.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

We will NOT be releasing for the pre-releases.

However, cpw has been doing a lot of hard work to design FML for 1.3. He already has FML running on the w27 snapshot.

However, 1.3's release is kinda really bad timing.

cpw is going on a trip sometime this week so he will be gone for a while.

Then I will have to be out of my house the 2nd-5th.

So what I plan to do is if cpw gets a FML stable for the snapshots, I will start working on 1.3 Forge, however a note to Mod devs this will be a RADICAL change.

I will be introducing a new event system that should make things a lot easier. But that will mean it will take some time.

As well as almost every mod having to re-write themselves for the new Local SMP, this are gunna be hectic.

So ya.... this update is gunna be fun, keep an eye on the github for more details.

I will work as well as I can, but I garentee that 1.3 will be a bitch, for everyone.

Well, it's for the greater good after all :D I don't mind the change, I just want to know how late Forge will be so I don't disappoint some of my players. Keep up the good work.

Personally I would expect most things to remain on 1.2.5 for 1 month,  just due to the effort to move to 1.3.  There will of course be some sooner, but 1 month is what I expect for the bulk of mods.  Forge, maybe 1-2 weeks (I am hopeful).

That sucks. MC just pre-released 1.3 today. Can't wait for the Forge release.