[Unsolved] Rendering a new Fire Block.

coolboy4531

Trying to create a new Fire Block, that does no damage when a player walks into it.

Loaded up the game, the item looks good in my hands, but when I place it down, it appears as an invisible block, it does not render in-game.

Help?

[blockFakeFire]

package liquidblocks.client;

import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IconRegister;
import net.minecraft.world.IBlockAccess;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class BlockFakeFire extends Block
{
    private boolean smoke;

protected BlockFakeFire(int i, int j, boolean flag)
    {
        super(i, Material.fire);
        setTickRandomly(true);
        smoke = flag;        
    }

/**
     * Is this block (a) opaque and (b) a full 1m cube?  This determines whether or not to render the shared face of two
     * adjacent blocks and also whether the player can attach torches, redstone wire, etc to this block.
     */
    public boolean isOpaqueCube()
    {
        return false;
    }

/**
     * Returns which pass should this block be rendered on. 0 for solids and 1 for alpha
     */
    public int getRenderBlockPass()
    {
        return 1;
    }

public void registerIcons(IconRegister iconRegister)
    {
    	blockIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("liquidblocks:fakefire");
    }    

/**
     * If this block doesn't render as an ordinary block it will return False (examples: signs, buttons, stairs, etc)
     */
    public boolean renderAsNormalBlock()
    {
        return false;
    }

/**
     * The type of render function that is called for this block
     */
    public int getRenderType()
    {
        return 180;
    }

/**
     * Returns whether this block is collideable based on the arguments passed in Args: blockMetaData, unknownFlag
     */
    public boolean canCollideCheck(int i, boolean flag)
    {
        return true;
    }

/**
     * Returns Returns true if the given side of this block type should be rendered (if it's solid or not), if the
     * adjacent block is at the given coordinates. Args: blockAccess, x, y, z, side
     */
    public boolean isBlockSolid(IBlockAccess iblockaccess, int i, int j, int k, int l)
    {
        return true;
    }

/**
     * How many world ticks before ticking
     */
    public int tickRate()
    {
        return 30;
    }

/**
     * A randomly called display update to be able to add particles or other items for display
     */
    public void randomDisplayTick(World world, int i, int j, int k, Random random)
    {
        if (random.nextInt(24) == 0)
        {
            world.playSoundEffect((float)i + 0.5F, (float)j + 0.5F, (float)k + 0.5F, "fire.fire", 1.0F + random.nextFloat(), random.nextFloat() * 0.7F + 0.3F);
        }

if (smoke)
        {
            for (int l = 0; l < 5; l++)
            {
                float f = (float)i + random.nextFloat();
                float f1 = (float)j + random.nextFloat();
                float f2 = (float)k + random.nextFloat();
                world.spawnParticle("largesmoke", f, f1, f2, 0.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D);
            }
        }
    }
}

Main Class - Part of it :P

Block block3 = (new BlockFakeFire(fireID, 31, false)).setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabBlock).setUnlocalizedName("fakefire").setLightValue(1.0F);
        GameRegistry.registerBlock(block3, "FireWall");
        LanguageRegistry.addName(block3, "Fire Wall");

Why is your render type 180? Either set it to 3 (the render type of a fire block) or return Block.fire.getRenderType() to make sure yours always renders the same as fire in case the number is ever changed.

Read my thoughts on my summer mod work and tell me what you think!

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,8396.0.html

I absolutely love her when she smiles

Did what you said, now I'm getting worse errors :/

NullPointerException ):

2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.block.BlockFire.getIcon(BlockFire.java:487)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.block.Block.getBlockTexture(Block.java:540)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.getBlockIcon(RenderBlocks.java:8141)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.renderStandardBlockWithColorMultiplier(RenderBlocks.java:5926)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.renderStandardBlock(RenderBlocks.java:4163)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.renderBlockByRenderType(RenderBlocks.java:445)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.WorldRenderer.updateRenderer(WorldRenderer.java:226)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.updateRenderers(RenderGlobal.java:1535)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.renderWorld(EntityRenderer.java:1119)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRenderer.java:991)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:871)
2013-06-24 11:07:40 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:760)

" DO NOT "

Putting quote marks around things does not make them important.

http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

" DO NOT "

Putting quote marks around things does not make them important.

http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/

Nice. The great thing about knowing people who like to browse the Internet (when you don't) is that they will share the gems with you and you don't have to see the crud.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

xAlright alright, sorry xD

Well, overriding getIcon works, everything works fine, except there is now one little problem.

The fire block itself now, isn't like the actual fire block from vanilla minecraft.

It has appeared that it is exactly like a block, and all the sides of the block have the fire texture.

Fire Texture Picture: http://i.imgur.com/1y2dgBs.png

coolboy: You still need to return the right renderType

Nice. The great thing about knowing people who like to browse the Internet (when you don't) is that they will share the gems with you and you don't have to see the crud.

Indeed.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Never mind, guys, thanks for everything :D

I told you I am an idiotic freak, with no knowledge.

<----------------------

<----------------------

<----------------------

<----------------------

I forgot to add this:

public int getRenderType()
    {
        return Block.fire.getRenderType();
    }