[HELP]Why do I get errors when I change the Mainmenu screen name

pixelzee

Why do I get errors when I change the Mainmenu name "Mutliplayer" to "Play"?

From

this.controlList.add(this.PlayButton = new GuiButton(2, this.width / 2 - 100, var4 + 24, var2.translateKey("menu.multiplayer"))); 

To

this.controlList.add(this.PlayButton = new GuiButton(2, this.width / 2 - 100, var4 + 24, var2.translateKey("Play"))); 

Errors

OpenAL initialized.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.src.GuiMultiplayer.loadServerList(GuiMultiplayer.java:94)
at net.minecraft.src.GuiMultiplayer.initGui(GuiMultiplayer.java:79)
at net.minecraft.src.GuiScreen.setWorldAndResolution(GuiScreen.java:150)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.displayGuiScreen(Minecraft.java:638)
at net.minecraft.src.GuiMainMenu.actionPerformed(GuiMainMenu.java:146)
at net.minecraft.src.GuiScreen.mouseClicked(GuiScreen.java:114)
at net.minecraft.src.GuiScreen.handleMouseInput(GuiScreen.java:186)
at net.minecraft.src.GuiScreen.handleInput(GuiScreen.java:165)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1567)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:822)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:750)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Stopping!

SoundSystem shutting down...
    Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com

Firstly, there are no changes between your From and To codes. - You fixed that.

Secondly, what are you doing that makes you want to change the button anyways? O.o

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

perhaps you should look at the .translateKey method and make sure its not generating an actual key from the string. other than that, some piece of code must be looking specifically for the name that mojang placed in there since its being added to a list.

Me and a friend are making a multiplayer only game, so players could only connect to a servers, and we had an idea to have 1000s of people on one server at a time, i.e a mmorpg mod :)

Also im new to coding in java so my friend is doing all the complicated stuff, what do you mean "to" and "from" codes?

I meant the code you were changing from, and what you were changing it to in your main post... They were identical at first.

Also, if nobody replies before your next post, it's best to modify your previous post instead of double posting. It tends to annoy people around just about any forums site, and may end up earning you a slap on the wrist. :P Just letting you know for future reference. :)

Check out my

Me and a friend are making a multiplayer only game, so players could only connect to a servers, and we had an idea to have 1000s of people on one server at a time, i.e a mmorpg mod :)

you will also be infringing on a looooooooot of stuff if you do this and could get sued. the only reason mods are allowed to exist in the first place is because they do not release many of the base classes in the mods.

you will also be infringing on a looooooooot of stuff if you do this and could get sued. the only reason mods are allowed to exist in the first place is because they do not release many of the base classes in the mods.

surely if those base classes are changed to a large scale then those classes are not made by mojang?

surely if those base classes are changed to a large scale then those classes are not made by mojang?

hah. take a look at the current front page of the minecraftforum.com. mojang are being sued by a company over software infringement for the exact same thinking, except mojang more than likely developed the whole thing from the start rather than copy pasting classes like you are.

hah. take a look at the current front page of the minecraftforum.com. mojang are being sued by a company over software infringement for the exact same thinking, except mojang more than likely developed the whole thing from the start rather than copy pasting classes like you are.

The reason people sue is because Mojang is a big opponent, if i was to copy some of his code to create a mod for minecraft why would mojang sue me if the mod would increase sales and is a free way advertising?  I'm not planning of earning money since I own a media server and it is nearly all run of renewable power :D

The reason people sue is because Mojang is a big opponent, if i was to copy some of his code to create a mod for minecraft why would mojang sue me if the mod would increase sales and is a free way advertising?  I'm not planning of earning money since I own a media server and it is nearly all run of renewable power :D

well the way you put it to me is that your completely overwriting minecraft. and you do know about patch 1.3, which makes the game essentially multiplayer only right?

well the way you put it to me is that your completely overwriting minecraft. and you do know about patch 1.3, which makes the game essentially multiplayer only right?

nope the basics of minecraft will still be there, it will be essentially like minez but a whole lot bigger, and yes I do :D, just wondering has the release date of 1.3 been announced?

nope the basics of minecraft will still be there, it will be essentially like minez but a whole lot bigger, and yes I do :D, just wondering has the release date of 1.3 been announced?

Yes, it's scheduled for August 1st.

Also, this thread has gone way off topic in the last few minutes...

Check out my

Yes, it's scheduled for August 1st.

Also, this thread has gone way off topic in the last few minutes...

actually, what we have been talking about could well have been a solution to his problem as it would mean he would no longer have to do what he started the thread about.