Item 3D rendering in inventory

pop1040

In my mod I have an item that has a full 3D model which renders when held with a custom model and in third person with a custom model. For some reason, I can't seem to get it to use that model when viewing the item in an inventory or when the item is thrown. Anyone know a good way to make this work?

In my mod I have an item that has a full 3D model which renders when held with a custom model and in third person with a custom model. For some reason, I can't seem to get it to use that model when viewing the item in an inventory or when the item is thrown. Anyone know a good way to make this work?

I'm... fairly sure you can't. Not without messing with MC rendering code. Go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

Thanks for trying anyways. I think there might be a way since there is a switch statement which has the option for rendering in an inventory.

@Override
public boolean handleRenderType(ItemStack item, ItemRenderType type) {
	switch(type){
	case EQUIPPED:
		return true;
	case ENTITY:
		return false;
	case FIRST_PERSON_MAP:
		break;
	case INVENTORY:
		return false;
	default:
		return false;
	}
	return false;
}

trouble is it always crashes when I set it to true and add the same render code into the second switch statement for inventory. I wonder if you could trick it into thinking its a block for rendering and use the block code for a custom model. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I was just thinking if there is an item in any forge mod that renders in full 3D when in your inventory and I realized that the rocket launcher from ICBM does. So at least we know it is possible.

The pox upon Calc. He could have made everything easier by open-sourcing his mods, but noooo.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

you could always take a quick look into the code with a java decompiler and see what he did although from the one time I looked in the ICBM jar for some texture information, I think he has it obfuscated. I suppose one could always try and ask him how he did it.

you could always take a quick look into the code with a java decompiler and see what he did although from the one time I looked in the ICBM jar for some texture information, I think he has it obfuscated. I suppose one could always try and ask him how he did it.

No. I'm an open-source coder, but I respect his decision.

BEWARE OF GOD

---