Finishing my mod.

CJCutrone9

Well, I just finished my mod, now I am having some trouble with it, I've looked everywhere and I can't figure out how to compile it (Not sure if the right word) Essentially, I now want it to be able to run in minecraft, and I am at a loss, I know it is probably obvious, but I can't figure it out.

That is the thing, it won't let me recompile it, I might be doing it wrong is what I am thinking, I was wondering if I was missing a step or something so I was asking if someone could tell me exactly what needed to be done to recompile. 'Cause it won't work for me.

Linux/Mac:

Run recompile.sh.

Run reobfuscate.sh

Get your mod files out of the reobf folder.

Windows:

Same thing, with .bat files.

I may add that I recommend to use the reobfuscate_srg.(bat/sh), since then you don't have to worry about updating your mod every Minecraft bugfix update (like the 1.5.0 -> 1.5.1 -> 1.5.2 updates)

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Linux/Mac:

Run recompile.sh.

Run reobfuscate.sh

Windows:

I may add that I recommend to use the reobfuscate_srg.(bat/sh), since then you don't have to worry about updating your mod every Minecraft bugfix update (like the 1.5.0 -> 1.5.1 -> 1.5.2 updates)

Why, exactly?

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

Linux/Mac:

Run recompile.sh.

Run reobfuscate.sh

Windows:

Why, exactly?

what do you mean with "why"?

why I recommend this or why you don't have to worry about updating your mod during MC bugfix updates?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Linux/Mac:

Run recompile.sh.

Run reobfuscate.sh

Windows:

Why, exactly?

why I recommend this or why you don't have to worry about updating your mod during MC bugfix updates?

I personally would be interested in the later part. How does the magic work, any leads?

Linux/Mac:

Run recompile.sh.

Run reobfuscate.sh

Windows:

Why, exactly?

I personally would be interested in the later part. How does the magic work, any leads?

You heard of "runtime deobfuscation"? Forge converts the obfuscated code in Minecraft (the classes/methods/fields named a, bs, aab etc.) to deobfuscated "SRG names" (like func_34423 for methods etc.) while Minecraft runs. Those are indices which won't change unless there is an update which introduces new stuff or removes old stuff. That's why a mod reobfuscated with srg names won't break until a next "mod-breaking" update, like the 1.3 update was (introducing an internal server in singleplayer) or the 1.5 one (new texture system), basically a mod compiled in 1.5 will work with 1.5.2 (if written corectly, of course).

If you don't, you most likely have to update to the next bugfix update.

mah twitter

Linux/Mac:

Run recompile.sh.

Run reobfuscate.sh

Windows:

Why, exactly?

You heard of "runtime deobfuscation"? Forge converts the obfuscated code in Minecraft (the classes/methods/fields named a, bs, aab etc.) to deobfuscated "SRG names" (like func_34423 for methods etc.) while Minecraft runs. Those are indices which won't change unless there is an update which introduces new stuff or removes old stuff. That's why a mod reobfuscated with srg names won't break until a next "mod-breaking" update, like the 1.3 update was (introducing an internal server in singleplayer) or the 1.5 one (new texture system), basically a mod compiled in 1.5 will work with 1.5.2 (if written corectly, of course).

Yes, I indeed stumbled upon the word "runtime deobfuscation". In fact, I am checking whether FML detected a pre-de-obfuscated environment to set my "debug mode" flag. As far as I've understood, the reobfuscate_srg.bat/.sh file will only re-obfuscate necessary references that aren't de-obfuscated at runtime, did I get that right?

Thanks for your explanation.

Yes, I indeed stumbled upon the word "runtime deobfuscation". In fact, I am checking whether FML detected a pre-de-obfuscated environment to set my "debug mode" flag. As far as I've understood, the reobfuscate_srg.bat/.sh file will only re-obfuscate necessary references that aren't de-obfuscated at runtime, did I get that right?

It's just like using the normal reobfuscate.bat/.sh, it just uses those SRG names instead of the obfuscated ones.

mah twitter

Linux/Mac:

Run recompile.sh.

Run reobfuscate.sh

Windows:

Why, exactly?

Ditto. I'd heard you were supposed to use the SRG names but I didn't know why. Thanks!

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

are you using pahimar's dev environment 2.0 or the eclipse folder in mcp?

How do you do it with Pahimar's setup?

Basically copy all your mod source to the mcp/src/minecraft folder and run the recompile/reobfuscate_srg scripts. If you look in the EE3 git, he has an ant script that automates that.