I have an odd question.

Chibill

Sry but videos plays when your pressing pause. Thats stupid!

Why are you judging him for a mod idea? You have no idea what his mod is going to achieve, it might help immersion.

Saying anyones idea is "stupid" on these forums certainly wont earn you friends. It's supposed to be a place to support modders, not criticize them if you don't like their idea. Grow up.

@OP, sorry got no idea how to do it, I just wanted to reply to that guy. I'm sure it's possible, but you may need to edit base files to do it (or override the pause screen)

width=463 height=200

http://s13.postimg.org/z9mlly2av/siglogo.png[/img]

My mods (Links coming soon)

Cities | Roads | Remula | SilvaniaMod | MoreStats

Sry but videos plays when your pressing pause. Thats stupid!

Why are you judging him for a mod idea? You have no idea what his mod is going to achieve, it might help immersion.

Saying anyones idea is "stupid" on these forums certainly wont earn you friends. It's supposed to be a place to support modders, not criticize them if you don't like their idea. Grow up.

@OP, sorry got no idea how to do it, I just wanted to reply to that guy. I'm sure it's possible, but you may need to edit base files to do it (or override the pause screen)

There are mods which are using pause and if then it plays a video then you cant use the other mods^^" Like Craftingguild.

@OP I get what you are saying. You basically would want a new GUI that would pause the game, then, "draw" the video as the background of the GUI. That way it would pause the game and play the video without actually allowing the player to be hurt. But do not ask me how to draw the video...

Also, you would want to have a tick handler that starts running when the movie starts playing and then automagically closes the GUI when the movie has finished (which is a time defined in the tick handler, the same time as the video goes for). Or a "skip" button or something to that effect would work in the GUI unless you wanted them to see it, then do the tick handler.

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

I was thinking setting the. To creative then making a GUI and use Java to play the video.

That would work, but inside the GUI you can actually tell the GUI to be a pause GUI... So you do not need to actually have the player be set to creative. And I wish I knew how to draw a video in java... The only way I could think of doing it would be to screenshot each frame (or use a program that turns videos into .GIF [or whatever the extension is]) and make a GIF image and draw that into the GUI....

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

I have a java book that is from the days of 1.0.0 of Java that tells me how using the awt librays.

Whats the name of the book? I am always, ALWAYS looking for documentation on java so that I can learn more...

I have a java book that is from the days of 1.0.0 of Java that tells me how using the awt librays.

Whats the name of the book? I am always, ALWAYS looking for documentation on java so that I can learn more...

If it's from 1.0.0, why would you want it? Besides, PYTHON RULES JAVA DROOLS

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.