Starting minecraft in eclipse trouble.

CJCutrone9

Hello everyone. I followed pahimar's tutorial to get minecraft into eclipse, I finished the tutorial and clicked the run button, if, I type in my username and password, then I get this error-

http://gw.minecraftforge.net/KIgX

If I don't (Which you don't have too to my knowledge) I get this one-

http://gw.minecraftforge.net/raZM

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks!

-CJCutrone9

Yerp, same internet connection I use to play minecraft without mods. And it isn't that it has to have it, but when you do type your username + password, it uses your minecraft account.  Which is why it is odd that I get two different errors...

Are you using a clean minecraft.jar file?

And have you entered any code? If so is it correct?

Also, are you new to modding... I would guess so with the errors on startup. I would say Pahimar's tutorial may be a little be daunting to start with. I would suggest someone like Wuppygaming or SCMOwns on YouTube. That way you can watch step by step how certain code needs to be written. How to test/troubleshoot, and get the correct codes for anything you add :)

Why bother?

I was just using pahimar's tut as a "How to get minecraft into eclipse" I know a good bit of code if that is why you are recommending SCMOwns, but the problem is, I see no error messages on any files, but I get an error when I press run. And I haven't even started to type in code. :( And yes, it is a brand new minecraft.jar.

Are you using a clean minecraft.jar file?

And have you entered any code? If so is it correct?

Also, are you new to modding... I would guess so with the errors on startup. I would say Pahimar's tutorial may be a little be daunting to start with. I would suggest someone like Wuppygaming or SCMOwns on YouTube. That way you can watch step by step how certain code needs to be written. How to test/troubleshoot, and get the correct codes for anything you add :)

No, no, the problem he has has nothing to do with his code, or lack thereof. It is caused by a failure to download Forge's required libraries. I suspect Pahimar's video is outdated. MCP is no longer necessary for Linux; I don't see why it should be necessary for Windows.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

Yes..... :( Would it work if I installed forge into the minecraft jar and then used that in eclipse?

If it did, it would be glitchy and hard to use at best.

Did you follow a tut to install it in eclipse? If so, which one? If not, how did you do it?

No. All you should need to do is unzip the forge source, run install.cmd, and the mcp/ folder (and eclipse subdirectory) should appear. If they aren't, then the install script is probably crashing. What does the console say when you run install.cmd?

BEWARE OF GOD

---

It said a bunch. :P It gave me a few folders, but I didn't get an eclipse/mcp one. I'll try it again.

EDIT:

I got the mcp folder this time, and inside of it there is an eclipse folder, is that what you were talking about?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79775094@N07/8978584469/

Yes. Start the eclipse workspace in mcp/eclipse.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

try this.

i am on windows.

Install MCP on let's say desktop.

now inside that folder add forge

so it is located in (%desktop%/mcp/forge/<forgefile>)

now copy minecraft.jar into the jars folders in mcp (%desktop%//mcp/jars/minecraft.jar)

run in mcp "decompile.bat"

enter forge folder run "Install.cmd"

run eclipse (should be in a folder for itself like (%desktop%/eclipse))

now when it ask for a workspace add the root of the eclipse inside the mcp folder

(%desktop%/mcp/eclipse)

Naturalis - The easy way for nature.!

Esquire - A helping hand for your adventure.

Jimanju - The Random Disasters!