Forge and LAN

ted5610

I wasn't sure where to post this at so I thought I'd post it here.

Anyhow, I've been trying to use the Open to LAN feature in minecraft, using hamachi with forge and several mods.

I've tried it in vanilla (no forge or mods, just the vanilla game) and the fix i'm using to allow lan play over the interwebs with hamachi works, but when I introduce forge into the mix, (no mods, just forge) the server/LAN game doesn't show up on the list of available servers.

Anyone got any ideas about how to fix this?

I've played with people on a server hosted on my machine before but only in vanilla, and it took ages to figure out how the balls to portforward things, and i'd rather not do that unless I have to, because it will probably tank my puny computer running the server and my client at the same time.

When you open to lan it should tell you which IP address it is listening on.

Typically Forge/FML will attempt to listen on the 'most real' address. So that other people can connect to you over the internet instead of having to rely on things like hamachi.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 2 weeks later...