Dealing with Decompile Errors

Andavin

So, basically I would like to decompile Minecraft in order to have my own private repo for reference etc.

I've done so via Fernflower and it works great except there are quite a few decompile errors and/or issues inserted by the obfuscator.

What I'm wondering is: does anyone know how Forge deals with these little issues when decompiling?

Common examples of what I'm talking about:

void method() {
   String result;
   String result = getStringFromSomewhere(); // Compile error already defined in scope
   result = result;
   return result;
}

void otherMethod() {
   String name;
   String value;
   String name = properties.get("name"); // Already defined
   name = properties.get("value"); // Blantantly wrong vars
   value = properties.get("signature");

// Should actually be something like
   String name = properties.get("name");
   String value = properties.get("value");
   String signature = properties.get("signature");
}

Since, as far as I'm aware, Forge fully decompiles and recompiles Minecraft it must deal with these issues in some way. Is this information readily available somewhere that I haven't been able to find it maybe?

Thanks for any insight :)

P.S. If I've posted this in the wrong section please let me know. I didn't see any other more appropriate forum sections though.

Edited by Andavin

Minecraft is copywritten code and publishing their decompiled source is illegal. We do not support you doing it.

The toolchain Forge has is specifically designed to keep things like that at arms length but also give you a local copy to reference it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Just now, LexManos said:

Minecraft is copywritten code and publishing their decompiled source is illegal. We do not support you doing it.

The toolchain Forge has is specifically designed to keep things like that at arms length but also give you a local copy to reference it.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I do not intend to publish or distribute decompiled Minecraft code in any way.

I am asking a specific question about how Forge deals with a common issue that comes from decompiling code.

I'd appreciate any insight you have for my question :)