[SOLVED][1.15.2] Container with ItemStackHandler

BastouP

Hey everyone !
I can't find a way to create a container with an ItemStackHandler, the only thins I find are with Inventories.
Does someone know how to do it or is there a good tutorial/explaination somewhere ?
Thanks ^^

Edited by BastouP

16 hours ago, BastouP said:

Hey everyone !
I can't find a way to create a container with an ItemStackHandler, the only thins I find are with Inventories.
Does someone know how to do it or is there a good tutorial/explaination somewhere ?
Thanks ^^

Howdy

You could get some clues from the Botania mod, it uses ItemStackHandlers and Capabilities instead of IInventory eg ItemFlowerBag.

https://github.com/Vazkii/Botania/blob/master/src/main/java/vazkii/botania/common/item/ItemFlowerBag.java

The only potential problem with SlotItemHandler and ItemStackhandler instead of IInventory is that IInventory is also used by vanilla to tell the source container (typically TileEntity) that the GUI has modified the slot contents (marked it as "dirty").  But SlotItemHandler and ItemStackhandler don't do that. 

There are some knowledgeable folks on this forum who think that it doesn't matter because the source container is marked as dirty in other ways; they might be right although I'm not convinced yet.  I haven't tested it empirically yet (on my to-do list).  Up until now I've played it safe and wrapped the ItemStackHandler in an IInventory.  If you decide to test it yourself, please let me know...

-TGG

Edited by TheGreyGhost
  • Like 1