Question about make a bow mod

PROMember5

Hello

I need help about making a bow mod for minecraft 1.14.4 forge

I make the bows with MCreator , then I edit those codes in MCreator's IDE

but I have three big problem

1-I want to my bow has a animation like minecraft default bow.

if you look in minecraft, the bows has a 4 step animation : bow   ,    bow_pulling_0    ,    bow_pulling_1         and    bow_pulling_2

but I don't know how can I make animation in MCreator gui or ide and with codes

2-my bow get a very bad texture --> 2020_05_27_20_29_46.png

It took a stripes texture on its sides

Why????

How can I fix it?

3-My bow fires arrow icon ! no arrow entity !

It should to fire arrow entity

How can I fix it?

PLEASE HELP ME

Thanks

Unfortunately, I do not believe MCreator is supported here. Most of the folks here use straight up Java for making mods. You would probably have better luck asking on an MCreator forum (not sure if they have one, but they should!)

It would take time, but my suggestion would be to learn Java (google "learn java" or "beginning java tutorials"), which will allow you to get the most out of forge modding.

1. Use item property overrides in your model.

2. Your texture has a very high resolution. This is not going to work well in many places of Minecraft.

3. MCreator probably screwed up the rendering.

To fix your problems, you need to stop using MCreator and learn modding properly (via Java).

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

On 5/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, DavidM said:

2. Your texture has a very high resolution. This is not going to work well in many places of Minecraft.

To fix your problems, you need to stop using MCreator and learn modding properly (via Java).

OK man I want to learn mod making with java but I don't know where to start it?

And I can't find a good source for learning

14 minutes ago, PROMember5 said:

You would need to learn Java before making a mod.

Fortunately Java is a pretty easy language, and an example of a Java tutorial is: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/java/index.htm.

You might want to Google around for a more suitable tutorial if you don't find that specific tutorial helpful.

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

1 minute ago, PROMember5 said:

Almost any beginning java tutorial will help. Google "beginning java tutorial", and pick any of the first ones that pop up that are not advertisements, and they will likely help.

You will also need an IDE, the 2 most popular are intellij IDEA and Eclipse.

It will not be easy, you will not begin right away with making mods or cool flashy java programs. You will be making a lot of lame calculators and name lookup things and console based stuff in order to learn things like syntax, keywords, classes/objects/OOP, scope, the list is too exhausting to cover here. I can promise almost every programmer here has made a bunch of a throwaway programs/code snippets, never to be used or thought of again, between when they began programming and now. It's part of the learning process!

I would study and practice basic Java for at least a week. Then, look for a forge tutorial, McJty has good ones https://wiki.mcjty.eu/modding/index.php?title=YouTube-1.14. See if you understand the Java concepts being described, if not, make notes of what you don't understand, and dive back into Java tutorials.

Also once you understand basic/intermediate Java, you can look at the vanilla source code, and see how they do things, for examples for your own projects. And if you have questions about forge (not basic Java), you can find answers here, you just need to post your code (get a github account if you don't have one, and learn how to use it), logs (debug.log is always a must for anything that runs but crashes/doesn't work), and a good explanation of what you are trying to do (from the end user/player perspective).

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You would need to learn Java before making a mod.

Fortunately Java is a pretty easy language, and an example of a Java tutorial is: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/java/index.htm.

You might want to Google around for a more suitable tutorial if you don't find that specific tutorial helpful.

I know java.I saw a series of java learning videos

But i don't know how to start modding in minecraft

3 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

Almost any beginning java tutorial will help. Google "beginning java tutorial", and pick any of the first ones that pop up that are not advertisements, and they will likely help.

It will not be easy, you will not begin right away with making mods or cool flashy java programs. You will be making a lot of lame calculators and name lookup things and console based stuff in order to learn things like syntax, keywords, classes/objects/OOP, scope, the list is too exhausting to cover here. I can promise almost every programmer here has made a bunch of a throwaway programs/code snippets, never to be used or thought of again, between when they began programming and now. It's part of the learning process!

I would study and practice basic Java for at least a week. Then, look for a forge tutorial, McJty has good ones https://wiki.mcjty.eu/modding/index.php?title=YouTube-1.14. See if you understand the Java concepts being described, if not, make notes of what you don't understand, and dive back into Java tutorials.

Also once you understand basic/intermediate Java, you can look at the vanilla source code, and see how they do things, for examples for your own projects. And if you have questions about forge (not basic Java), you can find answers here, you just need to post your code (get a github account if you don't have one, and learn how to use it), logs (debug.log is always a must for anything that runs but crashes/doesn't work), and a good explanation of what you are trying to do (from the end user/player perspective).

Which is better?

intellij or Eclipse?

11 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

Oh thanks?

Sounds great?

but a problem:

It doesn't open?

Edited by PROMember5

4 minutes ago, PROMember5 said:

Which is better?

intellij or Eclipse?

It's a matter of preference, really. There are arguments for both sides which is better. I would pick one and try it, see how you like it, and you can always try the other if you want, heck you could even use both if you really wanted to I suppose lol.

The important part is to use one, because between code completion, being able to look up class/method/field declarations with a hotkey or click, being able to get a list of all the places a method or field is called within the project, and last but definitely not least, being able to view the vanilla MC and forge sources, I can't imagine how anyone would or could mod without one!

On 5/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, DavidM said:

2-

why?

I want to use high resolution texture.How can I fix it?

8 hours ago, PROMember5 said:

2-

why?

I want to use high resolution texture.How can I fix it?

You can't.

The way models are rendered in Minecraft does not work well with quads that have tiny length on one dimension.

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, PROMember5 said:

What is the highest resolution I can use without this problem?

This depends on graphics settings as well as device. I wouldn't suggest anything larger than 64*64 pixels.

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler