Mod Depenent on other mod help

skip999

Hello,

I have been working on a set of mods, and I am new to the modding environment. I would like to have it to where one mod references the other. For example, I am writing a block library which contains some ores. Some of those ores drop gems. I would like to have it to where I have a separate item library containing the gem items that the block library references for its loot tables. However, I have not been able to find any tutorials on this, or even any documentation.

Also, once I have created this dependency, how would I launch both mods in the same instance for testing purposes without exporting them.

The more detailed the walk through you can give, the better!

Thanks in advance.

Showing this is going to be much simpler than trying to explain it.

Here is the relevant links to the projects:

The block library: https://github.com/skiprocks999/Amulets-of-Infinity/tree/Block-Library

The item library: https://github.com/skiprocks999/Amulets-of-Infinity/tree/Item-Library/ContInfItemLib

(I know its not great but its a WIP)

Basically what I want to do is have the block library be able to reference the item library for drops and what not. I have read the documentation for the build.gradle and .toml, and you can see my unsuccessful attempts in said files in the ContInfBlockLib build.gradel and mods.toml files.

For reference, the item library is in the same folder as the block library on my computer, but they are separate project files (I'm using eclipse). Do I need to place them in the same project for this to work?

I know it might be asking for a lot, but if you could provide steps as for what to do, I would really appreciate it. I have never done this before, and reading the documentation alone is not sufficient for me currently.