[1.14.4] Rendering Enchantment-Effect on custom model

Eisenpaulchen

I have an Entity with a custom model and I want to render it with the minecraft enchantment glitter effect, just like a swod or an Item lying on the ground.

I found out that net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.ItemRender uses net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemRenderer renderEffect() method and I practically looked what this method does and what is passed as the runnable and then tried 

to do the same with my customRenderer renderModel() called in doRender(). But I can not get this to work.

I am especially confused about the time dependet translations in the renderEffect() since I thought these where used to translate the whole mesh not just the texture (Which I think they are for)
Did someone already the same or has a clue what is special in vanillas way of rendering this effect?