Get Rid of Vanilla Inventory [Unsolved]

wookiederk

Specifically I don't want the inventory screen to pop up when you hit the inventory binding....I dont think theres anything to overwrite without changing base files. Any ideas?

You would need to edit base files.... sorry mate :/

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

*face palms* Darnit. Why didn't I think of that?

Good call. And I think coremods are bit advanced for most people who make mods... Doesn't stop me from wanting to learn how to do 'em though!

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Coremods are not that hard once you understand the bytecode basics :D

Also, if you happen to use Eclipse, I suggest the "Bytecode Overlay" plugin.

Anyway, why not use a TickHandler, check if a GUI is open and if yes, which one, then "override" the GUI with opening your own GUI?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Anyway, why not use a TickHandler, check if a GUI is open and if yes, which one, then "override" the GUI with opening your own GUI?

Because that's the most ugly solution i've seen in a long time :D

But unless you make a coremod, you have a better solution?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

You can just change the value of the inventory keybinding at runtime, so that it's no longer the keycode 'e' but some obscure value that will never occur as a keycode. Untested.

hm, but you would still have the vanilla keybinding in the options shown up (just set to an obscure value).

Can't you "override" the keybindings for the inventory key with your own? So you wouldn't have to worry about setting the keybinding MC has to an obscure value.

mah twitter

You can just change the value of the inventory keybinding at runtime, so that it's no longer the keycode 'e' but some obscure value that will never occur as a keycode. Untested.

hm, but you would still have the vanilla keybinding in the options shown up (just set to an obscure value).

Can't you "override" the keybindings for the inventory key with your own? So you wouldn't have to worry about setting the keybinding MC has to an obscure value.

I have set my gui to "override" the screen. However, the vanilla inventory flashes up from time to time, and if I try to check if the screen is null, then my gui will never come up. And the check if the screen is null is important, because otherwise my gui will flash up during chat....

Maybe. Then I would need to make my inventory a specific key (which would work). This seems like the best solution, but how would I change the inventory key code at start up? :P