1.15.2 Mod Loads over and over again after Finishing Forge

Link__95

Hello

I started making a Mod for Minecraft 1.15.2,

i havent run into errors jet but minecraft just loads over and over again everytime minecraft is done you can see "Mojang" and the outfading then it loads again from the end of the forge load

Since there is no crash i dont have a real log just the start up in my consol that gets like round 3000 lines in a minute so its too much to copy

Can anyone help me please?

I made a GitRepo so you can see my code

GitHub https://github.com/Link1995/MinerLifeMod

Hi

Due to a bug in Forge, when there is an error loading client resources, it cycles infinitely

Examples of cases where this happens:

• A mod resource failed loading, such as a particle texture list
  • A registry entry is registered twice, causing an exception
  • java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: One of more entry values did not copy to the correct id. Check log for details!
  • An uncaught exception shows up when a mod is loading a custom resource

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/issues/6593

-TGG

2 hours ago, poopoodice said:

One of more entry values did not copy to the correct id

Registry Item: Override did not have an associated owner object. Name: minerslifemod:obsidian_bricks Value: air

Try check the registry names

i checked them and cant find a solution (but i found somthing else i forgot :/ but that didnt fixed it either)

i think messed somthing up and just dont see it..

i checked

• the .json files in the blockstates, block and item
  • the names i used the ModBlock and ModItem registry so they match
  • the path for the textures in the .json's for the block and the block item
  • the en_us.json

Your assets folder needs to be assets/MODID

you have assets/mlm

but your modid is minerslifemod

*edit: make sure when you make changes, to push updated code, as well as post updated logs.

Edited by Ugdhar

15 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

I'm not sure, but you make your blockitem (in ModItems) an Item, and not a BlockItem. Could that be the issue?

please correct me if im wrong but a block have to be an block and an item

15 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You register an item with registry name "obsidian_bricks" here.

You register a second item with the same registry name here.

Registry names must be unique.

if i only create the block and not the item the game fails to build

21 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You register an item with registry name "obsidian_bricks" here.

You register a second item with the same registry name here.

Registry names must be unique.

entschuldige du kannst deutsch sprechen eventuell ist das Prätiser zum erklären also wenn ich irgendwas erklären soll oder zeigen sag bescheid :)

Edited by Link__95

11 hours ago, Link__95 said:

please correct me if im wrong but a block have to be an block and an item

Yes, (well, they don't HAVE to) but you are creating it twice as diesieben mentioned, once in the items registry event, and then once in your moditems. I was pointing out the one in ModItems you are using new Item() instead of new BlockItem(), but honestly you should probably just remove that one entirely, since you already create your blockitems in a loop in the item registry event.

You should take a step back, I notice you have a LOT of code for having a broken block, which leads me to believe you've been doing a lot of copy & pasting. If you must copy & paste, only do small pieces of code at a time, to make sure they work, and to attempt to understand them as much as possible before moving on.

Edited by Ugdhar

2 hours ago, Ugdhar said:

Yes, (well, they don't HAVE to) but you are creating it twice as diesieben mentioned, once in the items registry event, and then once in your moditems. I was pointing out the one in ModItems you are using new Item() instead of new BlockItem(), but honestly you should probably just remove that one entirely, since you already create your blockitems in a loop in the item registry event.

You should take a step back, I notice you have a LOT of code for having a broken block, which leads me to believe you've been doing a lot of copy & pasting. If you must copy & paste, only do small pieces of code at a time, to make sure they work, and to attempt to understand them as much as possible before moving on.

you're totaly right. the last time i made a mod was in 1.12.2 and it feels like everything has changed maybe i should start again from scratch :/

im sorry for bothering you guys

thank you for your time

1 minute ago, Link__95 said:

the last time i made a mod was in 1.12.2 and it feels like everything has changed

Yeah, a lot has indeed changed! Here's a link with some of the stuff that changed, it's been quite helpful for me:

https://gist.github.com/williewillus/353c872bcf1a6ace9921189f6100d09a

it also has links to other resources for things that changed/1.15 changes.

Good luck! **And don't feel bad about "bothering" people here, that's what the forums are for. There's no shame in not knowing something :D as long as you're asking the right questions/accepting advice where applicable, providing requested information, things like that, you're all good