Render a block as a Techne model in the inventory and on the ground

Turakar

Hello,

I have a block whcih is rendered as a model (from Techne) if it is placed.

May question is: How do I manage to render it like this in the inventory and on the ground? From what I figured out, the ISimpleblockRenderingHandler is the interface for this, but it isn't really "simple" (OK, in relation to OpenGL directly it might be).

Thank you for help,

Turakar

I think you just need to add the chunk of the Techne java export that has the tessalator in it to the rendering function of the ISimpleblockRenderingHandler class.

Or you could do what other items, like the brewing stand, do, and render a 2D item graphic.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

As I'm going for a seperate Item, how do I make it "placeable"?

Look at ItemRedstoneDust, IIRC that's the item that spawns the redstone wire block.

(And then look at the BlockRedstoneWire class to see how the drops and blockPick work)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.