[1.4.7][WIP] Space Exploration/Tech mod! - Looking for names!

Flenix

Hey guys, and welcome to my mod's WIP page.

Note: screenshots are in a spoiler towards the end!

I'm posting this here because more than anything, I need help with naming things! I need tonnes of things named, and I'm really not too good at naming stuff.

I posted this on Minecraft Forums a few days ago, so I'll just stick the same thread here for now. I'll try and cut it down when I've got a bit more done -  I always ramble on when I talk about the mod.

Basically, the mod is a technology tree mod which incorporates space travel to new worlds. Each world system is called a "Phase", and those phases are broken down into Tiers. For example, Earth is Phase 1, with Tiers 1 2 and 3. Once you've successfully built tier 3 machines, you can build/upgrade your spaceship enough to reach the next location.

The mod adds everything you'd expect from a technology mod; new furnaces, electricity, things which automate/speed up processes and generally give you more bang for your buck. It starts off slow compared to other mods (eg IC2), but once you've traveled the worlds a little things will really pick up.

On top of the basics you'd expect, I'm trying to add new things not yet seen in other mods. For example, I've made some robot helper droids, who follow you around and obey your every command. Another example is I've planned some HUD units which you wear in your helmet slot, and it'll show various things of information on your screen.

One last feature I feel is currently unique is Liquid Infusion crafting. This requires a special machine which infuses liquids into your crafting recipes. I've factored this in elsewhere too; I've made new chests which hold liquids, and I'll be adding a pipe system. It will, of course, be buildcraft-compatible.

Right now I've planned to have 9 Phases, each harder than the last. The first part of Phase 2 is easier than Phase 1, just to help you get going. Each Phase consists of 1-3 worlds, and each world has it's own terrain generation, it's own life and so on. The mod goes much further than adding just technology, but adds entire life ecosystems and new potentials for building in general. I want the mod to be aesthetically pleasing as well as useful; you should be able to build amazing cities!

The mod is nowhere near a releasable state, but I'm currently at around 10,000 lines of code. Right now, the only help I'm looking for is naming of planets, creatures, and the mod itself. See the spoiler below for the names I'll need help with!

I also would like a Java mentor, if anyone is up to the challenge. This is my first real entry into the world of Modding with forge (I've done a few basic mods, but nothing on this scale), so I do have questions on how certain things work. If you think you can help me out a bit, send me a message! I am not looking for people to help with or do the code for me; just people to point me in the right direction.

[spoiler=Name help!]

Things I need names for, and names I already have:

If something is blank, or says "name?", I need a name for it.

I also list all the materials you can find/craft, but I'm open to suggestions on more!

Also, as far as mobs go, I've not made them all yet, that is just the amount of life I feel there should be. So, if there's no description of the mob, feel free to suggest how it should look too!

The Mod's Name:

Phase 1 is simply on Earth. Earth's name will be configurable, that is simply the default.

Earth already exists, so I haven't got much that needs a name here.

Tier 1 Ore: Silvanite

Tier 2 Ore: Mercilite

Tier 3 Ore: Remula

Phase 2 is split across two worlds: The moon Akatoe, orbitting the planet Baloinus.

World: Akatoe

Tier 1 Ore: Porinite

Tier 2 Ore: Pilk

Main Life: Akatonian

Critter 1: Glog

Critter 2: name?

Critter 3: name?

Critter 4: name?

Plant 1: Porin

Plant 2: Ulin

Plant 3: Cir

Plant 4: Boskin

Tree 1: name?

Tree 2: name?

Materials: Stone, Dirt, Grass, Refined Stone, Bricks, Large Bricks, Decorative Bricks

World: Baloinus

Tier 3 Ore: name?

Main Life: name? (Large hostile mob, very dangerous)

Mob 1: name? (Smaller version of Main Life mob)

Mob 2: name? (currently unmade)

Phase 3:

The phase 3 planet is entirely a dense Jungle, with huge trees. Think of the Forest Moon of Endor.

World: name?

Tier 1 Ore: name?

Tier 2 Ore: name?

Tier 3 Ore: name?

Main Life: name?

Critter 1: name?

Critter 2: name?

Mob 1: name?

Mob 2: name?

Mob 3: name?

Mob 4: name?

Tree 1: name?

Tree 2: name?

Tree 3: name?

Tree 4: name?

Tree 5: name?

Tree 6: name?

Plant 1: name?

Plant 2: name?

Plant 3: name?

Plant 4: name?

Crop 1: name?

Crop 2: name?

Crop 3: name?

Crop 4: name?

Crop 5: name?

Crop 6: name?

Crop 7: name?

Materials: Suggest?

Phase 4-9, I've got little to none planned, except the fact that they will exist. One of them will be called Xylexia, with T3 ore being Xylexite and the main hostile creature being a Xylexian. Other than that, suggest away!

Click the spoiler to see some screenshots of things I have so far.

[spoiler=Screenshots!]

Akatonian terrain:

518e61d659f87.jpg

Some Akatonians and Glogs enjoying a nice sunny day:

518e624253cc8.jpg

A concept Robot:

518e62b04ea45.jpg

A Xylexian:

518e62bc2baa6.jpg

The GUI for a Silvanite Chest:

518e63043f523.jpg

And finally, a few blocks and ores (I've not done much texturing yet else I'd show more):

518e655eeaa01.jpg

Finally, for more info...

I will try and keep this thread up to date. However, there are other places that I post more!

You can:

Like me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SilvaniaStudios/

Follow me on Twitter: @SilvaniaStudios

Read my blog: http://www.silvania.co.uk/blog/ (Blog posts are auto-announced on the twitter!)

Note that I refer to the mod as "Remula" in these places for now. That's just the working title width=20 height=20http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]

Download, you say?

Soon, very soon, I'll be releasing Pre-alpha 1. This is purely as a "Hey look, it actually exists" and should not be used on a world you like, or a server. In fact, I may disable servers altogether until it's at a relatively bug-free state. These versions may NOT be used in a modpack- I will allow it in the future though!

The version is 1.4.7, because for now I'm developing this primarily for my own server, and releasing it because I want to share it. Once I've got the basics up and running, I'll keep up-to-date with the current Forge versions regardless of what my server is on.

So yeah, thats all I have to say for now. I knew I'd ramble on!

Comment, feedback etc is always nice... and names! I need names!

width=463 height=200

http://s13.postimg.org/z9mlly2av/siglogo.png[/img]

My mods (Links coming soon)

Cities | Roads | Remula | SilvaniaMod | MoreStats