New Modder Help with Crashing

VeteranWarrior

5 hours ago, VeteranWarrior said:

Any and all support is greatly appreciated!

This error happens when you setup your environment with Java 9+ and then run it with Java 8. If your JAVA_HOME is set to Java 8 now create a new workspace. If that doesn't work uninstall all Java 9+ then setup another workspace.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

11 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

This error happens when you setup your environment with Java 9+ and then run it with Java 8. If your JAVA_HOME is set to Java 8 now create a new workspace. If that doesn't work uninstall all Java 9+ then setup another workspace.

I thought I uninstalled all Java9+ stuff, how do I make sure I did? Whenever I type java -version in the Terminal it only shows Java 8. Also I'm a little daft could you tell me where and how to see what JAVA_HOME is set to?

6 hours ago, VeteranWarrior said:

I thought I uninstalled all Java9+ stuff, how do I make sure I did?

Java is just another program on your computer, you uninstall it just like you do everything else.

6 hours ago, VeteranWarrior said:

Also I'm a little daft could you tell me where and how to see what JAVA_HOME is set to?

Google it. It's different for each OS.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

2 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Java is just another program on your computer, you uninstall it just like you do everything else.

Google it. It's different for each OS.

I did this, and now this is appearing:

Capture.PNG

Also sorry if this is annoying to you, I'm very new to all this and I'm an ex-Ubuntu user

Edited by VeteranWarrior

23 hours ago, Turtledove said:

Did you set up your decomp workspace, and create intellij runs?

Yes I think so, unless my problem was during these processes

I'm also getting this:

Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraftforge.userdev.LaunchTesting

Process finished with exit code 1

Edited by VeteranWarrior

21 minutes ago, VeteranWarrior said:

I did this, and now this is appearing:

Ok what is the problem? Have you ran those? runClient runs the Minecraft Client. runServer runs the Minecraft Dedicated Server, and runData I'm not a hundred percent on but I think it runs the Provider system for generating BlockStates and other json files.

1 hour ago, Animefan8888 said:

Ok what is the problem? Have you ran those? runClient runs the Minecraft Client. runServer runs the Minecraft Dedicated Server, and runData I'm not a hundred percent on but I think it runs the Provider system for generating BlockStates and other json files.

Yes whenever I run runClient it gives me that error, though I did cd <file path> and gradlew genIntellijRuns

13 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

I ended up just wiping literally everything and it worked lmao thanks