[SOLVED][1.15.2] Tile Entity NBT not loading properly on world load

xX_deadbush_Xx

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a block that stores a single Itemstack using nbt. If an Item is stored it gets displayed above the block.  Itemstacks can be placed in the block by clicking. This works fine and the block also maintains the item when I rejoin the world. For some reason the item is not rendered anymore when you rejoin. When the block that should have an item inside is clicked you get the item back so it seems like it was stored properly... But why doesnt it render?

Here is my Tile entity class: https://pastebin.com/JYJagNnN

The render function in my tile entity renderer looks roughly like this:

@Override
    public void render(DeadbushAltarPedestalTileEntity tileEntityIn, float partialTicks, MatrixStack matrixStackIn, IRenderTypeBuffer bufferIn, int combinedLightIn, int combinedOverlayIn) {
        if(tileEntityIn.hasItem()) {
            long time = System.currentTimeMillis();
            Quaternion rotation = Vector3f.YP.rotationDegrees((time/20)%360);

matrixStackIn.push();
            matrixStackIn.translate(0.5, 1.3, 0.5);
            matrixStackIn.scale(0.6f, 0.6f, 0.6f);
            matrixStackIn.rotate(rotation);

ItemRenderer itemRenderer = Minecraft.getInstance().getItemRenderer();
            ItemStack stack = tileEntityIn.getPedestalItems();
            IBakedModel ibakedmodel = itemRenderer.getItemModelWithOverrides(stack, tileEntityIn.getWorld(), null);
            itemRenderer.renderItem(stack, ItemCameraTransforms.TransformType.FIXED, true, matrixStackIn, bufferIn, combinedLightIn, combinedOverlayIn, ibakedmodel);

matrixStackIn.pop();
        }
    }

I have checked the values of most variables in that class when the game is running and stack from the render function is always air (the default value). To me this means that getPedestalItems doesnt return the correct value... I have no idea why this is happening only after you rejoin the world. if you place a new item onto the pedestal it works fine...

I would be very happy if someone could help :)

Edited by xX_deadbush_Xx