[1.15.2] How to spawn a dropped item?

ultra_reemun

Scan vanilla code for something to drops an item. You should try looking a little more in the vanilla code, it's really useful and has lots of stuff to learn from/give ideas, I notice that you ask a lot of things without trying/looking first. You'd be surprised what you can accomplish if you check out existing code that does things similar to what you want :)

I did a quick search in my IDE for something that calls ItemEntity and the LecternBlock popped up.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

Scan vanilla code for something to drops an item. You should try looking a little more in the vanilla code, it's really useful and has lots of stuff to learn from/give ideas, I notice that you ask a lot of things without trying/looking first. You'd be surprised what you can accomplish if you check out existing code that does things similar to what you want :)

I did a quick search in my IDE for something that calls ItemEntity and the LecternBlock popped up.

Thanks for the advice!

I feel bad for taking up all the team's time with basic questions so I'll start looking into the code myself,

Thanks for all your help :)

6 minutes ago, ultra_reemun said:

Thanks for the advice!

I feel bad for taking up all the team's time with basic questions so I'll start looking into the code myself,

Thanks for all your help :)

No problem, and don't think if you get stuck you can't come ask for help, because of course you can! But dig through some vanilla code first, see if you can find examples, also searching the forums often yields great results. I was messing with custom shields for fun, and couldn't figure out why the texture wasn't working, and searching on here led me to the answer without having to make my own topic and ask :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

No problem, and don't think if you get stuck you can't come ask for help, because of course you can! But dig through some vanilla code first, see if you can find examples, also searching the forums often yields great results. I was messing with custom shields for fun, and couldn't figure out why the texture wasn't working, and searching on here led me to the answer without having to make my own topic and ask :)

Thank you,

You've been very helpful with all my enquiries :)