Any tutorials for custom armor models in 1.14.4?

Babelincoln1809

I'm looking for custom armor model tutorials for 1.14.4, but none are showing up besides for ones that are for 1.12.2. I saw comment on one of them that the process as to implementing custom armor hasn't change, but as following the video things aren't super the same. i'm just looking for a guide on how to do this.

Create a Model (and texture for it) that extends BipedModel<T extends LivingEntity> for your armor piece.

Override getArmorModel and getArmorTexture in your armor item class.

Once you've started, if you have issues, come back here and make sure you post code, logs, what you are trying to achieve (looks/effect/etc), and what is actually happening. :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ugdhar said:

Once you've started, if you have issues, come back here and make sure you post code, logs, what you are trying to achieve (looks/effect/etc), and what is actually happening. :)

I'm running into this issue in the armor Item class. I'm following a 1.12 video, cause I would be completely lost without reference, but anyways here it is. 

https://paste.dimdev.org/ededipubok.java

I have no clue what baked Model does, and I'm just a lil lost

And I dunno where to put my armor model as well, do I make a new package in models and name it armor?

Edited by Babelincoln1809

12 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

When I was tinkering, the model I had just extended BipedModel<LivingEntity>.

In the armor item class, used that model in the getArmorModel method.

Yeah, my custom armor class is still giving me issues. The actual model for my armor extends BipedModel<LivingEntity>, but still no clue on what's wrong with the armor class

7 minutes ago, Babelincoln1809 said:

Yeah, my custom armor class is still giving me issues.

What kind of issues? Logs help, screenshots also if it's something visual.

If you have your code on github that makes it easier to share/debug with other people too. :)

7 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

What kind of issues? Logs help, screenshots also if it's something visual.

If you have your code on github that makes it easier to share/debug with other people too. :)

Here is the log. I do have incomplete code though cause I'm still stumped with the custom armor class.

https://paste.dimdev.org/gobubuhuka.sql

Here is my armor class, still stumped on the errors

https://paste.dimdev.org/kuyuyutama.java

Here is the model

https://paste.dimdev.org/ejavifujug.java

I'll look into setting up an account for github, but I think my only issue is the armor class, and possibly where to put the model.java

public class ArcherArmor extends ArmorItem BipedModel{

I don't think you want BipedModel there

Your IDE should have given you an error about that, my workspace is 1.15.2, but I don't think they'd be that different. Also it is saying it has compile errors (which your IDE should have warned you about) because the super constructor you call doesn't exist.

The constructor ArcherArmor(ArmorMaterialList, EquipmentSlotType, Item.Properties) is undefined

and this error happens in code that you didn't share:

[09Apr2020 18:37:32.058] [Client thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLModContainer/LOADING]: Caught exception during event RegistryEvent.Register<minecraft:item> dispatch for modid projectdawn

that's why a github is helpful :) Shows the big picture!

1 hour ago, Babelincoln1809 said:

Anywhere on GitHub I can reference code for this?

Possibly, but I don't know for sure, I haven't looked for or seen anything

I meant more that if your code was on github, it would be easier to see where the errors are.

Also, what IDE are you using? I find it concerning that it didn't warn you about compile errors before attempting to run it anyway.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements