what is forge's main class?

DGA-Tech

I am attempting to make forge1.15.2-31.1.0 work with the unsupported technic launcher so far i have successfully gotten it to launch the game, but it crashes instantly with error stating the main class needs to be specified in version.json. i have unzipped forge and looked for launcher.class, and i have looked in MANIFEST.MF and found net.minecraft.fml.loading, but unfortunately specifying the directory didnt work either, so I was hoping someone could share this with me so I can make a modpack to play with my friends easily. Thank you in advance for any and all advice given.

13 minutes ago, DGA-Tech said:

version.json

Why not just install forge 1.15 and take the version.json from there?

Edited by Animefan8888

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Thank you for responding Animefan8888, The version.json installed in the vanilla minecraft launcher does not work out of the box with technic. I had to mess with the formatting to get it to download the libraries, and I had to manualy place a copy of version.json within the modpack.jar(Forge-universal.jar renamed) and I ran it through JSONLint online to double check the formatting too.

I installed forge server and took apart that jar, and in Manifest.MF it specifies Main-Class: net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain

but the forge-universal does not specify a main class, and the main-class in the client version.json seems to point at    

"mainClass": "cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher" that does not appear to exist within the jars.

I also checked github for clues but did not find any blatently obvious ones.

Its entirely possible I am missing something. I am new at this.

Edited by DGA-Tech

You should use the vanilla launcher.

It is NEVER a good idea to use a 3rd party launcher, giving your user account to 3rd parties is a bad idea.

If your launcher does not support the vanilla format, then there isn't much we can do, use the vanilla launcher.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

It is always a good idea to be careful. that being said, I personally have used technicpack . net for 5 years, and never had a problem with it. i also googled it before using it(back then the internet was reputable, and you actually could find stuff on google that you searched for and putting things in quotes and adding - + before a word actually removed or added it properly. Plus there were actually billions of results for every search query rather than 15 pages of the same results repeated from the same 10 websites.) and there were some in depth positive reviews, but not too positive as to make them suspicious... I notice that it only uses the account to download files from mojang and it does encrypt the account details client side if you check the box to keep the password stored(doing so throws a warning that its not a good idea too). with that out of the way, I also dont mind risking it cause my friends use it and then you dont have to give a big complicated tutorial through which they get bored and say they have to go do something else(more interesting), lol. Most people dont understand us programmers... I really just need to know the main class then ill not bother nobodey anymore.

Edited by DGA-Tech

"Complicated tutorial"

"To install my modpack, Run this jar, unzip this zip"

Not complicated.

The thing is, you don't need to know the main class, because there is SO MUCH MORE then just the main class that needs to be done.

And the fact that you HAVE found the main class {Because it's literally labeled 'mainClass'} and disregarded it shows you have no idea what you're doing...

• Like 1

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Thank you for responding, also you /are/ correct, I have literally no idea what I am doing. however, somehow my friends seem to have even less idea what they are doing, and unzipping and navigating to a directory tends to turn them away for some reason, it also appears they don't like multimc or native launcher. I do understand that failure is often required for success, I have come to realize that and the main class is indeed correctly specified, as you have said, so updated news:

the launcher is getting hung up on

"--launchTarget","fmlclient", and I would like to find a way to contribute to getting this thing functional.

Edited by DGA-Tech

Tell your friends to use the vanilla launcher.

That is the only support you'll get here. We do not condone entering credentials into 3rd party systems.