forge 1.12.2 - 14.23.5.2768 serverlaunchwrapper.class

Lanteans

this is what shows up when i run the (java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar) on the forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2768-universal folder (named forge.1.12.2.jar) it worked on fie explorer but as soon as i moved it to the server i was running it on (linuxed based server) it gave me this:

$ java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar forge.1.12.2.jar nogui
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
        ... 6 more

Edited by Lanteans

4 minutes ago, Lanteans said:

it's being hosted on a linux based server?

1.12.2 is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern Minecraft version to receive support. For more information read the LTS at the top of the page.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

sorry "Animefan8888" for asking so many questions but we've been using this minecraft server for awhile now so is it just the forge 1.12.2 that is no longer supported on linux? 

Sorry if i missed the memo.