Could not resolve: net.minecraftforge:forge

Cobiy

Trying to get gradle project setup for eclipse but i get this error

Could not resolve: net.minecraftforge:forge:1.15.2-31.1.0_mapped_snapshot_20190719-1.14.3

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 5.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See https://docs.gradle.org/4.9/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

same error on latest forge for 1.15.2 can't get it to generate the project

Step 1: Open your command-line and browse to the folder where you extracted the zip file.

Step 2: You're left with a choice.
If you prefer to use Eclipse:
1. Run the following command: "gradlew genEclipseRuns" (./gradlew genEclipseRuns if you are on Mac/Linux)
2. Open Eclipse, Import > Existing Gradle Project > Select Folder 

4 minutes ago, Cobiy said:

1. Run the following command: "gradlew genEclipseRuns" (./gradlew genEclipseRuns if you are on Mac/Linux)

There is another command gradlew eclipse. However you opened the project as a gradle project as such I'm not sure how necessary it is. I always
gradlew eclipse
gradlew genEclipseRuns

Import Project as a Java Project.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

22 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

There is another command gradlew eclipse. However you opened the project as a gradle project as such I'm not sure how necessary it is. I always
gradlew eclipse
gradlew genEclipseRuns

Import Project as a Java Project.

Hi thank you for your reply, after installing a fresh mdk for 1.15.2 and doing gradlew eclipse in the directory i get the same error as the first time :/

28 minutes ago, me1 said:

I'm not sure about eclipse but I think in IntelliJ you have to import the build.gradle file and not the folder. I could be wrong tho

Hi, thank you intellij idea proved to be better than eclipse for once.

42 minutes ago, Cobiy said:

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 5.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See https://docs.gradle.org/4.9/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

This isn't really a problem. From my experience it always says that. Was there an actual error?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.