Multiple part obj problem

matt1999rd

Hello everyone,

I have implemented a obj file for the rendering of my block but the OBJLoader seems to only register the first part and ignoring the others three. I am very need to all this so I don't know how to modify obj file to let it work.

I put here the rendering of my block and the rendering that I wanted with blockbench.

Capture.PNG.cfabc6ab651bcddc671dcc1e878b70e9.PNG

what I want

2020-04-04_23_32_18.png.6bbe528cd80a0f6b4a5929040d61c5dd.png

what I get...

Hi

Try setting a breakpoint in OBJModel or OBJLoader and watching what happens during the parsing of your obj file.

The OBJ file format is very simple, you can open it in Notepad.  A quick google will show you how to understand it.

My first thoughts -

Is your file a single object or four separate parts?  

Are the faces on the three arms inside out?

-TGG

8 hours ago, TheGreyGhost said:

Try setting a breakpoint in OBJModel or OBJLoader

yes that is very good idea I have done it and it looks like it is reading the v part and the vn part of each part but it is reading all vertex for one of the not displayed part and I don't understand why it is not considering the others part. On the other hand I don't know why I need to move my block origin in blockbench to 8 8 8 instead of doing it with normal origin at 0 0 0. For further information I give you the obj file here (turn_stile_main.obj) and the followed json file model associated (turn_stile_main_0.json)

turn_stile_main_0.obj turn_stile_main_0.json