Is it possible to replace the ender dragon with a modded one and make him stronger

Kiljaeden053

The EnderDragon is a bit boring and easy if you have OP modded Items. Just planning ahead, how can you replace the mob with your custom one and not affect the player's advancement progression and set vanilla variables about it being dead in the current world and not affect other mods.

8 minutes ago, Kiljaeden053 said:

how can you replace the mob with your custom one

Probably use EntityJoinWorldEvent to stop the Dragon from being spawned and then spawn your own.

8 minutes ago, Kiljaeden053 said:

and not affect the player's advancement progression and set vanilla variables about it being dead in the current world and not affect other mods.

In those regards do everything the vanilla one does.

If your goal is to make the Ender Dragon harder maybe just change it's AI and stats instead of creating an entirely new Entity.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

5 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Probably use EntityJoinWorldEvent to stop the Dragon from being spawned and then spawn your own.

In those regards do everything the vanilla one does.

If your goal is to make the Ender Dragon harder maybe just change it's AI and stats instead of creating an entirely new Entity.

I plan on making the ender dragon walk on land and have new animations. It will attach on obsidian towers then pounce on the player. It will walk on land with 2 legs and chase the player in melee combat.

1 minute ago, Kiljaeden053 said:

It will walk on land with 2 legs and chase the player in melee combat.

o.0

1 minute ago, Kiljaeden053 said:

I plan on making the ender dragon walk on land and have new animations.

I think you can just register a new Renderer for the EnderDragon to make that happen. And in order to store new variables on the EnderDragon you can just use a Capability.

The rest of that sounds like new AI. I included the word "maybe" in there because I don't know which way is easier. It might be easier to build on top of the already existing EnderDragonEntity instead of making a new one and replacing it.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

6 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

o.0

I think you can just register a new Renderer for the EnderDragon to make that happen. And in order to store new variables on the EnderDragon you can just use a Capability.

The rest of that sounds like new AI. I included the word "maybe" in there because I don't know which way is easier. It might be easier to build on top of the already existing EnderDragonEntity instead of making a new one and replacing it.

The EnderDragonModel is sooo broken. I looked it up on tabula neck and tail are missing. It has to be replaced