Assigning custom model location to item and block in 1.15

AntonBespoiasov

I have a bunch of items where all items must use the same model but each item in this bunch has different registry name. In 1.15 an item automatically gets model location assigned to it(by registry name of the item), but I would want to change the model location assigned to the item by default.

Edited by AntonBespoiasov

12 hours ago, AntonBespoiasov said:

I have a bunch of items where all items must use the same model but each item in this bunch has different registry name. In 1.15 an item automatically gets model location assigned to it(by registry name of the item), but I would want to change the model location assigned to the item by default.

Go into minecraft lib. and look for ResourceLocation.class !

I dont think it's necesary to make a new resource location , because you can bind your resources to your mod folder using 

this.setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation(MOD_ID, "item_name"));

Edited by Wintersky20

16 hours ago, AntonBespoiasov said:

You should make a model file for each even if they all point to the same stuff. This is for things like resource packs. If you make all of them point to one model then it becomes impossible for the user/resource pack maker to give each item their own texture/model.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.