Forge won't install

First off, I'm a total noob with forge, so please forgive me if I'm totally doing this wrong..

After the recent update I cleared all my old mods, as I decided I needed a change..  I downloaded the latest version of Forge universal.  Then after  reinstalling Minecraft (first copied out my texture packs and save files to a safe location).. I opened minecraft.jar and deleted meta-inf ..  I then copied over all the files in the forge universal file..  and started up minecraft...  it started to load then popped up with a small window saying " FML is setting up your minecraft environment"  I assume this is the forge set up...  however it has been at 0% for about an hour.  I have closed and tried several times with no success.  Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

First off, I'm a total noob with forge, so please forgive me if I'm totally doing this wrong..

After the recent update I cleared all my old mods, as I decided I needed a change..  I downloaded the latest version of Forge universal.  Then after  reinstalling Minecraft (first copied out my texture packs and save files to a safe location).. I opened minecraft.jar and deleted meta-inf ..  I then copied over all the files in the forge universal file..  and started up minecraft...  it started to load then popped up with a small window saying " FML is setting up your minecraft environment"  I assume this is the forge set up...  however it has been at 0% for about an hour.  I have closed and tried several times with no success.  Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

ForgeModLoader-client-0.log?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the problem might be the recent patch. I have tried to install a couple other of my old mods that I used before the patch and they do not seem to work.. Perhaps the changes made in the last patch, were just enough to prevent some or most mods from installing... Just a guess.

This is all the server console says then crashes, and I get this error over and over again in the console.

Your server stopped unexpectedly around this time. If you told it to exit in-game, this is nothing to worry about; otherwise, the last 10,000 bytes of output from the server, given below, may provide you with clues on what went wrong.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ab

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ab

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 13 more

Seems yu're installing Forge on a minecraft jar that isn't the same version you're targeting.

If you download 1.5.2 Forge you MUST put it in 1.5.2 minecraft.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon