1.15.2 how do i make bees accept my modded tulips?

Drachenbauer

In my actual game i placed a honey-farm behind my base (in a glasshouse to keep bees together).

Inside there I placed alot of my modded tulips.

Now i cannot see the bees any more.

It looks like they are in their hive and don´t come out any more.

Now i think, they only accept vanilla-flowers, but no modded ones.

How can i fix this in my mod?

And can i make them accept potted flowers, too?

In this case it´s a bit tricky to search through the referenced librarys, because at the bee and at the flower-block, i get an "attached source not found" error, if i try to look inside.

I can oken the java-classes from windows explorer, but in this case i cannot use the helpful functions of my coding-software, such like finding method-references and something like that.

20 minutes ago, Drachenbauer said:

In this case it´s a bit tricky to search through the referenced librarys, because at the bee and at the flower-block, i get an "attached source not found" error, if i try to look inside.

I can oken the java-classes from windows explorer, but in this case i cannot use the helpful functions of my coding-software, such like finding method-references and something like that.

You should really fix that, it's like trying to run a race with a broken leg. . . .

Also, I'm curious what you have tried, and also, replacing your tulips with vanilla ones, do the bees come out of the hive? Just want to make sure your flowers are really the issue. :)

You should really fix that, it's like trying to run a race with a broken leg. . . .

I´m pretty sure, this is an issue of the acrually used faily snapcshot.

And in the bee-entity-class many functions still have weird names.

i now placed a few vanilla tulips at one patch between my modded ones and spawned some more bees.

Then i saw, all the bees came together at the vanilla-tulips-patch and no where else.

So i´m pretty sure its about my own tulips.

i also noticed, if i hold a vanilla flower, a bee will sit down in front of me and look at me.

But if i hold one of my own tulips, the bees ignore me.

And while writing the mod with the tulips, i wrote nothing related to the bees.

I thaugt, it works automatic, because they are instances of the type FlowerBlock.

I think anywhere flowers for bees must be listed, and i have to add mine to the list, too.

Edited by Drachenbauer

It looks like the bees have a list of flowers that they are attracted to in the TemptGoal. That list is a tag in /data/minecraft/tags/blocks/small_flowers.json or the /data/minecraft/tags/blocks/tall_flowers.json directories. You should be able to add to those tags.

i copyed now the one for the small flowers into my mod-resources, with starting the path with "minecraft" and added my tulips to the list inside.

Now i think, the item-one of this is used for bee-reaction on a holded flower.

so i added this too.

Edit:

now they go to the modded tulips and look at me, if i hold a modded tulip.

Edited by Drachenbauer

Now in the flowerpots mod, i made bees accept potted flowers by placing them (in vanilla-pots and in my custom ones) into the small_flowers tag-file.

At first i decided to create my own potted_flowers tag-file, in the directory "data/coloredflowerpotsmod/tags/blocks", that holds only blooming flowers in pots (only the flower-types from the small_flowers tag-file)

But i don´t know, how to put a custom tag file from my mod-directory into a copy of an existing tag-file in the minecraft-directory.

This always gives me an unknown-name-error.

I don´t want to put the existing flower_pots tag-file into the flowers tag-file, because this will make bees go to empty pots and green-plants (cactus, bamboo, fern, saplimgs, mushrooms, death_bush) in pots. But they are no blooming flowers.

Edited by Drachenbauer