Modding help How to have recipe in a seperate class to blocks and items

jamesscape2

There's probably a way... But if you're having trouble finding them, why not use comments to keep track of where certain ones are? Leaving comments to split up and organize things can be quite helpful. There are three types of comments that I know of. I'll give some examples below. :o

//Full-line comments, like this... These come out green, and cannot hold code on the same line

/*Green comments with an explicit end, so you can type code on the same line before or after*/ This.IsWhere("We Put Code"); /*Another comment*/

/**Same as the above, except these are blue**/ This.IsWhere("We Put Code"); /**Another blue comment!**/

They'd display something like this:

//Full-line comments, like this... These come out green, and cannot hold code on the same line

/*Green comments with an explicit end, so you can type code on the same line before or after*/ This.IsWhere("We Put Code"); /*Another comment*/

/**Same as the above, except these are blue**/ This.IsWhere("We Put Code"); /**Another blue comment!**/

The ones where you can define an end can be spread over multiple lines, so you could make them say something like this:

/**

===========================

======= BLOCKS RECIPES =======

===========================

**/

//Example Block

ModLoader.addRecipe(new ItemStack(exampleBlock, 1), new Object [] {"##", "##", Character.valueOf('#'), Item.lightStoneDust});

/**

=========================

======= ITEM RECIPES =======

=========================

**/

/*Example Item*/ ModLoader.addRecipe(new ItemStack(exampleItem, 1), new Object [] {"# #", " # ", Character.valueOf('#'), Item.ingotIron});

There are tons of ways you can use them for separation/organization. And they're for your eyes only. The game can't see them. I hope that helps a bit. :)

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

in the mod_XXX file, add a generateSurface(...) method. In it, just do

OTHERGENCLASS.generateStuff(...);

Figure it out, or learn more java.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.