[1.15.2] How to get my mod config's directory ?

uiytt

If you have registered your configuration file, it should be in run/config/whatyounamedit.toml The default name would be modid-side.toml If you do not know where your run folder is, it should be in the same directory as your src folder that you are currently working on. Note you do have to run the game once to generate the configuration file.

1 hour ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

If you have registered your configuration file, it should be in run/config/whatyounamedit.toml The default name would be modid-side.toml If you do not know where your run folder is, it should be in the same directory as your src folder that you are currently working on. Note you do have to run the game once to generate the configuration file.

Oh wait, I don't know how the config file work after 1.11, can you link me to any tuto there is on this subject (I didn't found any)

I would recommend going into net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeModConfig and the net.minecraftforge.fml.config package in the source and looking at how they setup and register it. Then all you need to do is register the config in your main mod file's constructor using ModLoadingContext#registerConfig. The best I can do for a visual example is my classes for the Config and Main Mod File.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

I would recommend going into net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeModConfig and the net.minecraftforge.fml.config package in the source and looking at how they setup and register it. Then all you need to do is register the config in your main mod file's constructor using ModLoadingContext#registerConfig. The best I can do for a visual example is my classes for the Config and Main Mod File.

Thanks, I have another question. If I didn't register a config,

How can I get in my Init event the config folder (where every config are store in).

I would like to use another storage system way more enjoyable to use and thus I need to know where is the folder where it's supposed to go ^^

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2020 at 9:33 AM, uiytt said:

Ok, now that I use toml, how can I manage to detect when a player click on the config button (in the mods list). And how can I show a normal Gui that allows the player to modify it ?

Pretty sure you can't edit the config in game without a mod like Configured.