Source Code for Forge 1.15

Andrew Murdza

Today I downloaded the MDK for Minecraft forge 1.15 to work on a mod, but I am not able to see the source code for Minecraft like I was for previous versions. I'm a novice modder so the source code helped me do things that I would not have been able to do without it. I read another question that was saying that Forge no longer has the right to deobfuscate the code but I also read this quote: "You can use the eclipse task to decompile the sources and then find them in a jar hidden in a cache directory" on this stack overflow question. I also saw in the New LTS System, 1.14 and moving forward that I can use MCPConfig to see the source code. I was wondering if you could tell me 1) if it is possible to view Minecraft source code for 1.15+ and 2) if it is possible, how can I view it using some hidden jar file, MCPConfig, or something else (I don't know what MCPConfig is other than that MCP is mentioned in many of the forge files). I was able to find the .class files corresponding to the .java I was interested in but they weren't helpful. It might also be that I just messed up the process because I used the same steps as the tutorials based on 1.14 and I was able to successfully find the source code for 1.12 and 1.13 in the past.

Thanks, Andrew Murdza