Clueless where to start

Christian0662

A better documentation is on Github, hope it help you. If you don‘t know with what you can start: Start with making your Main class. You can see the Examplemod main class if you don‘t understand and then you can start with making your first item. Hope it help you.

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/Documentation

Edited by DragonITA

New in Modding? == Still learning!

8 hours ago, Christian0662 said:

Hello, I've been programming in java for about 6 months. I have a fair understand of the java language. This is my first time diving into documentation. The documentation doesn't give a fair idea of where to start could anybody direct me somewhere or should I just look at code of the Forge API

Do you want learn to mod in 1.14.4 or 1.15.2?

20 minutes ago, Ezio214 said:

I recommend you to watch a modding tutorial to learn the basics. With that I also started and created some own items & blocks. Just go trough all the steps.

Harry Talks it‘s not really the best modding tutorial, but the best was to see the Vanilla code and try to learn from it, but if it still don‘t work then you can see online tutorials.

New in Modding? == Still learning!