[1.15.2] Does my OreGen Function work?

DragonITA

Hello, i have looked to find the Vanilla Code, but i simply cant find it. I followed a tutorial on youtube for the 1.15.2 and i have this code: 

https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/world/gen/FantasyOreGen.java#L25 Then i looked into my World to see if it worked or not, but nothing, i cant find my Ore. I ask here: does my Code actually work and if not, then why?

New in Modding? == Still learning!

100% sure all world generation events get loaded in FMLCommonSetupEvent. Try moving FantasyOreGen.generateOre() into setup in Main. Works for me with my custom structure generation.

Edited by OBCLetter
  • Like 1

Hi! I'm a Java programmer but barely know anything Minecraft related. 

On 2/21/2020 at 12:10 PM, diesieben07 said:

Did you read the Javadocs? Did you look at the available methods?

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Why did you do that? That doesn't accomplish anything.

I have read the Docs and see the Methods, and the only thing i have see was a interface. Then i tried with implementing it and have see the run function. I have think that it should work but no. How should i then use it? It only has a Inerface.

Edit: I false used it and now see a couple of functions, now i am trying to use it (Dont have a Idea on how using Runnable).

Edited by DragonITA

9 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Implementing Runnable "to your Oregen" doesn't make sense.

You need to pass in a Runnable that will use Biome#addFeature like you already do now.

Ehm nope, i am getting a error when launching the game: Registry Object non present. I the have see the Log and it sems to see that it dont work because it dont find my custom Ore. Ok, yet i really understanding nothing. Was this a problem from DeferredWorkQueue, that it run before the DeferredRegister? Log: https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/Minecraft-Modding-Logs/blob/master/LOG.log

Main.java: https://github.com/DragonGamerDevelopers/NewFantasyMod/blob/1.15.2/src/main/java/mod/dragonita/fantasymod/Main.java

Edited by DragonITA