Do i need an entity-class for my own player-model?

Drachenbauer

Hello

As i tried to create my own player-entity-class for my player-model, i copyed the content of the vanilla PlayerEntity-class (from the actual version of the code) into an own class and renamed it for my own player-charecter.

But i get alot of syntax-errors, wich say, that some methods cannot use my customized class as input, or don´t exist here...

Now i only found stuff on the web, that tells about the model-class and the renderer of a custom entity, but it tells nothing about a custom Entity-Class for a player.

Does that mean, i nead no entity-classes for my custom Player-models?

DO NOT COPY CODE FROM THE GAME, especially entire files.  

Are you trying to create an Entity that looks like a player,

or are you trying to create a custom model for the player?

In the first case you should probably create a custom entity and renderer for that entity. In case it is a Monster, MonsterEntity is probably a good starting point.  

In case you are trying to render a custom player model, you should have a look at net.minecraftforge.client.event.RenderPlayerEvent. It get's fired whenever a player is being rendered and you can even disable player rendering alltogether and replace it with your own renderer.

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

that´s what i dit now.

For one variant:

How do i keep the body-, arms, and legs-parts of the armour invisible while wearing them?

Itßs a small and compact character, that is fully covered in the helmet.

and how can i change the collision-box-size to fit to this model (should be able to enter one block high horizontal tunnels)

Edited by Drachenbauer

Probably nothing would happen if you copy paste a single class. That being said, you don’t want to go around illegally sharing someone else’s intellectual property.

You also don’t want to copy vanilla’s code because it changes often (and the changes may break your copied code) and usually uses legacy code that hasn’t been updated in 10 years. Forge usually provides better systems and better ways of doing stuff.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)