[1.14.4] Slider GUI Component.

Cerandior

I am currently trying to make a multi-block structure for handling storage. Basically you connect things that have inventories with pipes to a controller block, and then through this block you can access all of those inventories at once. The problem that I have right now, is that I obviously need to accommodate a huge number of slots in this gui, so a slider is the obvious choice. However I am not entirely sure how would I implement this. I have an idea, but I don't like it because it doesn't seem very efficient. I was thinking of using the slider as some sort of "offsett" applier, and depending on this offset I reload the slot contents into the gui to the appropriate chests/inventories. Now that would mean that every time I change this slider value I am essentially removing and re-assigning slots to the container, and that doesn't seem like a good idea if there are a lot of inventories connected to this block. I also had another idea but I am not sure this one is possible. I was thinking about adding all the slots at the beginning and using the slider offset value as a "guide" on which part of the gui to render. Can you do that? The next choice, which is also the easiest one, is to create "pages" of slots and I can use two buttons to navigate through them, but I don't like the aesthetic of this solution. Could someone offer some help with the slider?

Edited by Cerandior

Also, look at the creative inventory gui for doing scrolling stuff.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.