Crash while starting new Forge Server on Linux

Adrieldf

So, I'm trying to create a 1.12 forge server on a azure linux virtual machine, but it crashes right in the beggining. Here's the error message:

ModdedServer@minecraftvm:/srv/minecraft_server$ java -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2847-universal.jar nogui
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
        ... 6 more

If I run the vanilla .jar it works normally, but forge doesn't, anyone ever came across this error before?

Edit: If I try to run the forge.jar on Windows the server works normally, but on the linux server via terminal it doesn't work.

Edited by Adrieldf
more info