[1.15.2] Storing data in block Client side different than Server side

dgraygray

I am trying to store some information inside of my block and most of it seems to be working fine. I can save the inventory perfectly, but when it comes to a few integers it seems that they are not appearing to be saved. When I show some logs after I pick up the block and put it back down, in the tick() method it shows the server with the correct int and the client with 0.

Does anyone have any knowledge around this?

Spoiler

[23:17:19] [Render thread/DEBUG] [co.dy.ma.ti.MagicBlockTileEntity/]: No essence! Remaining conjure time: 0
[23:17:19] [Render thread/DEBUG] [co.dy.ma.ti.MagicBlockTileEntity/]: Can't being conjure!
[23:17:19] [Render thread/DEBUG] [co.dy.ma.ti.MagicBlockTileEntity/]: No essence! Remaining conjure time: 0
[23:17:19] [Render thread/DEBUG] [co.dy.ma.ti.MagicBlockTileEntity/]: Can't being conjure!
[23:17:19] [Server thread/DEBUG] [co.dy.ma.ti.MagicBlockTileEntity/]: No essence! Remaining conjure time: 5
[23:17:19] [Server thread/DEBUG] [co.dy.ma.ti.MagicBlockTileEntity/]: No more magical essence!
[23:17:19] [Server thread/DEBUG] [co.dy.ma.ti.MagicBlockTileEntity/]: No essence! Remaining conjure time: 5
[23:17:19] [Server thread/DEBUG] [co.dy.ma.ti.MagicBlockTileEntity/]: No more magical essence!

My loot_table:

Spoiler

{
  "type": "magicnthings:block",
  "pools": [
    {
      "rolls": 1,
      "entries": [
        {
          "type": "minecraft:item",
          "functions": [
            {
              "function": "minecraft:copy_name",
              "source": "block_entity"
            },
            {
              "function": "minecraft:copy_nbt",
              "source": "block_entity",
              "ops": [
                {
                  "source": "inv_in",
                  "target": "BlockEntityTag.inv_in",
                  "op": "replace"
                },
                {
                  "source": "inv_out",
                  "target": "BlockEntityTag.int_out",
                },
                {
                  "source": "conjure",
                  "target": "BlockEntityTag.conjure",
                },

{
                  "source": "conjure_start",
                  "target": "BlockEntityTag.conjure_start",
                },
                {
                  "source": "conjure_recipe",
                  "target": "BlockEntityTag.conjure_recipe",
                },
                {
                  "source": "essence",
                  "target": "BlockEntityTag.essence",
                },
                {
                  "source": "essence_start",
                  "target": "BlockEntityTag.essence_start",
                }
              ]
            },
            {
              "function": "minecraft:set_contents",
              "entries": [
                {
                  "type": "minecraft:dynamic",
                  "name": "minecraft:contents"
                }
              ]
            }
          ],
          "name": "magicnthings:magic_block"
        }
      ],
      "conditions": [
        {
          "condition": "minecraft:survives_explosion"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

My Tile Entity:

Spoiler

@Override
    public void read(CompoundNBT tag) {
        CompoundNBT invInTag = tag.getCompound("inv_in");
        inputHandler.ifPresent(handler -> ((INBTSerializable<CompoundNBT>) handler).deserializeNBT(invInTag));

CompoundNBT invOutTag = tag.getCompound("inv_out");
        outputHandler.ifPresent(handler -> ((INBTSerializable<CompoundNBT>) handler).deserializeNBT(invOutTag));

// Conjure time
        remainingConjureTime = tag.getInt("conjure");
        startingConjureTime = tag.getInt("conjure_start");
        conjuringItemRecipe = tag.getInt("conjure_recipe");

// Essence
        remainingEssence = tag.getInt("essence");
        startingEssence = tag.getInt("essence_start");
        super.read(tag);
    }

@Nonnull
    @Override
    public CompoundNBT write(CompoundNBT tag) {
        inputHandler.ifPresent(handler -> {
            CompoundNBT compound = ((INBTSerializable<CompoundNBT>) handler).serializeNBT();
            tag.put("inv_in", compound);
        });
        outputHandler.ifPresent(handler -> {
            CompoundNBT compound = ((INBTSerializable<CompoundNBT>) handler).serializeNBT();
            tag.put("inv_out", compound);
        });

// Conjure time
        tag.putInt("conjure", remainingConjureTime);
        tag.putInt("conjure_start", startingConjureTime);
        tag.putInt("conjure_recipe", conjuringItemRecipe);

// Essence
        tag.putInt("essence", remainingEssence);
        tag.putInt("essence_start", startingEssence);
        return super.write(tag);
    }

Edited by dgraygray

You don’t ever sync the values.

Read the Documentation.

Here’s an example of a TileEntity that syncs it’s energy every time it changes and here’s an example of a TileEntity that syncs its smeltTime whenever you’re in its GUI (see its container for the syncing)

• Thanks 1

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Thank you for the speedy reply! From what I can see here, these are the functions that handle this sorta thing correct?

Spoiler

/**
	 * Retrieves packet to send to the client whenever this Tile Entity is re-synced via World#notifyBlockUpdate.
	 * This packet comes back client-side in {@link #onDataPacket}
	 */
	@Nullable
	public SUpdateTileEntityPacket getUpdatePacket() {
		final CompoundNBT tag = new CompoundNBT();
		tag.putInt(ENERGY_TAG, this.energy.getEnergyStored());
		// We pass 0 for tileEntityTypeIn because we have a modded TE. See ClientPlayNetHandler#handleUpdateTileEntity(SUpdateTileEntityPacket)
		return new SUpdateTileEntityPacket(this.pos, 0, tag);
	}

/**
	 * Get an NBT compound to sync to the client with SPacketChunkData, used for initial loading of the
	 * chunk or when many blocks change at once.
	 * This compound comes back to you client-side in {@link #handleUpdateTag}
	 * The default implementation ({@link TileEntity#handleUpdateTag}) calls {@link #writeInternal)}
	 * which doesn't save any of our extra data so we override it to call {@link #write} instead
	 */
	@Nonnull
	public CompoundNBT getUpdateTag() {
		return this.write(new CompoundNBT());
	}

/**
	 * Handle a packet created in {@link #getUpdatePacket()}
	 */
	@Override
	public void onDataPacket(final NetworkManager net, final SUpdateTileEntityPacket pkt) {
		this.energy.setEnergy(pkt.getNbtCompound().getInt(ENERGY_TAG));
	}

@Override
	public void onLoad() {
		super.onLoad();
		// We set this in onLoad instead of the constructor so that TileEntities
		// constructed from NBT (saved tile entities) have this set to the proper value
		if (world != null && !world.isRemote)
			lastEnergy = energy.getEnergyStored();
	}

I don't see in the second example a place where you are touching the smelting values though

1 minute ago, dgraygray said:

these are the functions that handle this sorta thing correct?

Yeah

2 minutes ago, dgraygray said:

I don't see in the second example a place where you are touching the smelting values though

11 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

(see its container for the syncing)

• Like 1

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Rendering and handling keyboard input should only be done on the client.

Logic (pretty much everything else) should be done on the sever.

However, to make stuff look smoother, vanilla runs some logic on both client and server (so that it appears to run smoothly on the client while the real result is synced a little bit later from the server)

• Like 1

About Me

Spoiler

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • rftoolsbuilder:shielding_cutout (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),rftoolsstorage:crafting_manager (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),deepresonance:dense_glass (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),restrictions:oneway (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),restrictions:oneway_wall (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_complete (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_complete (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_broken (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_broken (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_broken_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_broken_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_vines (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_vines (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar)[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/blackboard_clear as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/flag_dye as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/flag_clear as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Loaded 36 recipes[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Diamond Weapons to the End City Treasure Loot Table![13:50:17] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Longbow and Heavy Crossbow related loot to the Village Fletcher Loot Table![13:50:18] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Iron Weapons to the Village Weaponsmith Loot Table![13:50:18] [main/ERROR] [minecraft/ServerFunctionLibrary]: Failed to load function watching:checkjava.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Whilst parsing command on line 1: Unknown or incomplete command, see below for error at position 0: <--[HERE]at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:315) ~[?:?] {re:mixin}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:320) ~[?:?] {re:mixin}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1770) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1760) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:373) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1182) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1655) ~[?:?] {re:computing_frames}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1622) ~[?:?] {re:computing_frames}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:165) ~[?:?] {}Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Whilst parsing command on line 1: Unknown or incomplete command, see below for error at position 0: <--[HERE]at net.minecraft.commands.CommandFunction.m_77984_(CommandFunction.java:63) ~[server-1.19.2-20220805.130853-srg.jar%23299!/:?] {re:classloading}at net.minecraft.server.ServerFunctionLibrary.m_214320_(ServerFunctionLibrary.java:85) ~[server-1.19.2-20220805.130853-srg.jar%23299!/:?] {re:classloading}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1768) ~[?:?] {}... 6 more[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: [Automatic Recipe Unlock] Removed 3712 recipe advancements[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [minecraft/AdvancementList]: Loaded 684 advancements[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [at.dy.se.ItemLightLevels/]: Clearing item tag to light level mapping cache[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [sl.ma.fl.tr.FluidContainerTransferManager/]: Loaded 0 dynamic modifiers in 0.246528 ms[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/wax_on with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/kill_a_mob with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/bred_all_animals with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/kill_all_mobs with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/make_a_sign_glow with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/balanced_diet with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/plant_seed with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:nether/all_effects with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/wax_off with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/adventuring_time with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:nether/all_potions with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [supplementaries/]: Loaded 8 flute songs[13:50:20] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Finished initialising Weapon Traits & Attributes! Took 11.202781ms[13:50:20] [main/INFO] [supplementaries/]: Finished additional setup in 103 ms[13:50:20] [main/WARN] [minecraft/DedicatedServerProperties]: Failed to parse level-type biomesoplenty, defaulting to minecraft:normal[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting minecraft server version 1.19.2[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Loading properties[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Default game type: SURVIVAL[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Generating keypair[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting Minecraft server on :::25983[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/ServerConnectionListener]: Using epoll channel type[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.ca.CaveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.ca.CaveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.st.SteveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.st.SteveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.Skinstalker/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.SkinwalkerOverhaul/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.SkinwalkerOverhaul/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.go.Goatman/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.go.Goatman/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 glowstone[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 2[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 1[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 glowstone[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 2[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 1[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [Framework/]: Loading server configs...[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [terrablender/]: Initialized TerraBlender biomes for level stem minecraft:overworld[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [terrablender/]: Initialized TerraBlender biomes for level stem minecraft:the_nether[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Preparing level "world"[13:50:35] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing start region for dimension minecraft:overworld[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:41] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:41] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:42] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 17%[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Time elapsed: 7618 ms[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Done (21.501s)! For help, type "help"[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting GS4 status listener[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/GenericThread]: Thread Query Listener started[13:50:42] [Query Listener #1/INFO] [minecraft/QueryThreadGs4]: Query running on :::25983[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [ne.mi.se.pe.PermissionAPI/]: Successfully initialized permission handler forge:default_handler
    • Visit WEB:  https://www.strongspellcaster.us.com New York City, NY's love spells +27732318372 *To Get Back Ex Lover* Black magic cleansing.  
    • +27732318372 MOST GIFTED VOODOO MAGIC LOST LOVE SPELLS TO BRING BACK AN EX LOVER << USA CANADA USA .. >> visit website (https://www.strongspellcaster.us.com) s.
    • The conflict arises from discrepancies between different versions of GSON. My suggestion would be to remove your dependency on GSON 2.8.6 and opt for a different approach. Instead of using the static method JsonParser.parseString, you can create a JsonParser object and then use the parse method.   JsonParser jsonParser = new JsonParser(); jsonParser.parse(jsonString)  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.