NEI APIs and plugins

luisc99

Hey!

In my mod I have added new crafting tables and recipes for these, but these do not show up in NEI. I have tried to download and install the NEI and CCC source code and followed the installation steps on ChickenBones' thread, but the code does not show up in eclipse even after refreshing and NEI does not show up in the game when run from eclipse. Also not many mods have NEI plugins and those that do are not open source, and so I would not know where to start when making this plugin.

If anyone has done this, or knows how to do this then I would appreciate any help, as this is a major priority for my mod!

Thanks,

Luis :)

First off I think you will be better of asking inn the NEI thread on the minecraft forums they probably know more about NEI's code than we do.

If you have the NEI source code, then create a new project import the src to the src folder of the project and list both the minecraft src and the NEI src as a dependency for your mod's build configuration. That would work I'd assume :)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

First off I think you will be better of asking inn the NEI thread on the minecraft forums they probably know more about NEI's code than we do.

I would but the people on here seem much more friendly :P

If you have the NEI source code, then create a new project import the src to the src folder of the project and list both the minecraft src and the NEI src as a dependency for your mod's build configuration. That would work I'd assume :)

Ok, thanks! Just out of interest is this done in the way that Pahimar does it in his Lets Mod Episode 4? Because I watched his video about this topic because people said it would help, but I had difficulties understanding some of it...

Thanks anyway for helping!

If you follow his instructions closely during video 4 you will have a neat and nice environment where you can add API's and work on multiple projects with ease.

If you failed the first time, just try again and do what he does while he is doing it. You may want to watch a few minutes then pause and do as he did and then resume until you got it all exactly as he tells you to :)

If you follow his instructions closely during video 4 you will have a neat and nice environment where you can add API's and work on multiple projects with ease.

If you failed the first time, just try again and do what he does while he is doing it. You may want to watch a few minutes then pause and do as he did and then resume until you got it all exactly as he tells you to :)

Ok, I got the second project with the code in it fine, but it had errors in the project but not in the files, and I could not get it to run, but like you said, I will keep trying :D

Thanks again for helping

Well if there are errors inn the file you need to see what error it is.

IF it's missing dependencies you may need to download other files or if it's outdated you may need an updated version etc.

Check the error messages and see if you can figure it out :)

Again it would be best to get support from the creator(s) of the API/Code you are using :)