[1.14] Right-clicking mod block with off-hand

chirptheboy

When I right-click my mod block with torches in my off-hand, it tries to place the torch on the block--briefly emitting light--then consumes the torch (count decreases by one), and finally still opens up the GUI. Then, if I exit to the menu and then return, I have all my torches back.

When right-clicking my mod block with any placeable block, the animation of placing the block appears before opening the GUI. These blocks remain in the hotbar when this happens.

Instead of pasting huge codeblocks--unless that is preferable--here are links to my code:

Any and all help is appreciated!

Take a look at your disenchanter block class:

@Override
public boolean onBlockActivated(BlockState state, World world, BlockPos pos, PlayerEntity player, Hand hand, BlockRayTraceResult result) {
  if (!world.isRemote) {
    TileEntity tileEntity = world.getTileEntity(pos);
    if (tileEntity instanceof INamedContainerProvider){
       NetworkHooks.openGui((ServerPlayerEntity) player, (INamedContainerProvider) tileEntity, tileEntity.getPos());
    } else {
       throw new IllegalStateException("Our named container provider is missing.");
    }
    return true;
  }
  return super.onBlockActivated(state, world, pos, player, hand, result);
}

If you follow the control flow, the client-side block will always return super.onBlockActivated(state, world, pos, player, hand, result);

The effects you are describing seem to be caused by the client and server following different paths here, the server returning true after opening the gui, and the client returning super.onBlockActivated, which I'm pretty sure defaults to false.

• Like 2

Have you ever want the new operator to return a type that you didn't ask for? Well, now you can!

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look into that.

Edit: I made modifications to that method since there were items that should have fired independently of which world it was in.

@Override
    public boolean onBlockActivated(BlockState state, World world, BlockPos pos, PlayerEntity player, Hand hand, BlockRayTraceResult result) {
        TileEntity tileEntity = world.getTileEntity(pos);
            if (tileEntity instanceof INamedContainerProvider){
                if (!world.isRemote) {
                    NetworkHooks.openGui((ServerPlayerEntity) player, (INamedContainerProvider) tileEntity, tileEntity.getPos());
                }
            } else {
                throw new IllegalStateException("Our named container provider is missing.");
            }
            return true;
        //return super.onBlockActivated(state, world, pos, player, hand, result);
    }

Edited by chirptheboy
Added fix

On 1/22/2020 at 1:47 AM, chirptheboy said:

I made modifications to that method since there were items that should have fired independently of which world it was in.

Um... You still only do stuff on the server.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)