import net.minecraft.util.AxisAlignedBB;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class EntityLocoChe extends Entity
{
public EntityLocoChe(World par1World)
    {
        super(par1World);
}

public EntityLocoChe(World world, double d, double d1, double d2)
    {
        this(world);
        setPosition(d, d1, d2);
        setSize(1.0F, 1.0F);
    }

protected void entityInit(){}

public AxisAlignedBB getCollisionBox(Entity entity)
    {
        return entity.boundingBox;
    }

public AxisAlignedBB getBoundingBox()
    {
        return boundingBox;
    }

public boolean canBeCollidedWith()
    {
        return true;
    }

public boolean canBePushed()
    {
        return true;
    }

public void writeEntityToNBT(NBTTagCompound nbttagcompound)
    {
    }

public void readEntityFromNBT(NBTTagCompound nbttagcompound)
    {
    }

protected int getDropItemId()
    {
        return 0;
    }
}

EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(EntityLocoChe.class, "Cherepanov", cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.EntityRegistry.findGlobalUniqueEntityId(), this, 64, 1, true);

public void addRenderer(Map map)
{
	map.put(net.railowar.src.EntityLocoChe.class, new RenderLocoChe());
}

package net.railowar.src;

import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class ItemChe extends Item
{
    public ItemChe(int par1)
    {
        super(par1);
        this.maxStackSize = 1;
        this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabTransport);
    }

public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3)
    {
        if (!par3.capabilities.isCreativeMode)
        {
            --par1ItemStack.stackSize;
        }

par2World.playSoundAtEntity(par3, "random.bow", 0.5F, 0.4F / (itemRand.nextFloat() * 0.4F + 0.8F));

if (!par2World.isRemote)
        {
            par2World.spawnEntityInWorld(new EntityLocoChe(par2World, par3.posX, par3.posY, par3.posZ));
        }

return par1ItemStack;
    }
}

And it doesn't spawn... What's wrong with that?

If i helped you, don't forget pressing "Thank You" button. Thanks for your time.

cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.EntityRegistry.findGlobalUniqueEntityId()

This is wrong. The parameter is the mod-unique Entity ID, meaning you can / have to begin with 0 and counting up.

Also where does this method get called?

addRenderer(Map map)

EDIT: Also you should call the super methods for these:

public void writeEntityToNBT(NBTTagCompound nbttagcompound)
    {
    }

public void readEntityFromNBT(NBTTagCompound nbttagcompound)
    {
    }

since it won't write it to the world save (except that is intended)

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Oh, i had to add an entityInit(){} method, even if it's empty. Now i have to make it render my model...

Okay.

addRender goes to the main mod class.

and where do you call it? You know it doesn't magically get called by Forge, as it's not a BaseMod class...

You need to have a proxy method called registerRenderer or something (it's up to you) and in the Client Proxy, use RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderer (or something like that) inside that method.

Call it tn your main class (preferably in your @Init method) like "proxy.registerRenderers()"

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Look at this, it explains everything pretty well: http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Basic_Modding

mah twitter

Yay! Instead all that shit that i still don't understand, i just had to put

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(net.railowar.src.EntityLocoChe.class, new RenderLocoChe());

into my load method. No public void addRenderer or proxies are needed. Also, calling super method in write/readtonbt crashed the game, but it saves my locomotives without it.

If i helped you, don't forget pressing "Thank You" button. Thanks for your time.

Yay! Instead all that shit that i still don't understand, i just had to put

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(net.railowar.src.EntityLocoChe.class, new RenderLocoChe());

into my load method. No public void addRenderer or proxies are needed. Also, calling super method in write/readtonbt crashed the game, but it saves my locomotives without it.

But if you call this on a dedicated server, it will crash. That's why proxies are there for.

mah twitter

But i still don't understand how to use them...

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Basic_Modding#Proxy_Classes

Please explain what don't you understand there?

mah twitter

I don't have items.png file, i have many different ones...

You mean this?

MinecraftForgeClient.preloadTexture(ITEMS_PNG);
                MinecraftForgeClient.preloadTexture(BLOCK_PNG);

Just ignore that, it's a leftover from the old texture system. Put your Entity Render register method there instead.

mah twitter

Oh, now it finally works. Have i said i love you?

Now i'm having problems with making the physics of my wagen... And making my blocks to brake...